Chances of being Accepted into a DPT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Exsci1497

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be a senior this coming Fall so I'm doing my applications for DPT programs and was curious to see what my chances are of getting into a program with my current stats.

Degree: Exercise Science with a concentration in therapeutic sciences

Major GPA: 4.0
Cumulative GPA: 3.9

GRE: Haven't taken them yet, sometime in August I'm taking them

Observation hours: 80+ (verified) and plan on doing some more inpatient hours

Schools I'm planning to apply too: Stockton University, Kean University, Seton Hall University, Rutgers (North and South campus), Widener, University of the Sciences, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, Temple, Columbia, & University of Hartford
 
I'd say you are off to a solid start, stats are very good, just don't bomb the GRE's and write a solid essay and i think you should be golden.
 
I'll be a senior this coming Fall so I'm doing my applications for DPT programs and was curious to see what my chances are of getting into a program with my current stats.

Degree: Exercise Science with a concentration in therapeutic sciences

Major GPA: 4.0
Cumulative GPA: 3.9

GRE: Haven't taken them yet, sometime in August I'm taking them

Observation hours: 80+ (verified) and plan on doing some more inpatient hours

Schools I'm planning to apply too: Stockton University, Kean University, Seton Hall University, Rutgers (North and South campus), Widener, University of the Sciences, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, Temple, Columbia, & University of Hartford
I was wondering where you ended up going and whether or not you got into Rutgers, Stockton, Kean and Seton as those are the schools I applied to and I have similar stats. Thanks
 
Dude/Dudette, you’ll get in with those stats anywhere so don’t sweat. Do well on the GRE, I recommend GregMat for resources that won’t rip you off, it’s only $5 a month with 1000+ hours of video content and practice material straight from the GRE.
Probably need more hours like you stated but your plan sounds good to me.