chances of being accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frustrated2016

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took the mcat exam for a second time. I scored 509 and have a 3.97 gpa. My gap year is a year of research in a biological developmental lab and I am writing my first manuscript. I graduated college with honors in 3 years and was awarded the American Heart Association Fellowship Grant for 2016, where did a 10 week fellowship research project. What are my chances of being accepted to med school. Last year I was not accepted but my mcat was lower and I di not have the year of research.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your state of residence? Do you have any shadowing of clinical volunteering hours? Which schools did you apply to? What was your first MCAT score?

Where is your state of residence? Do you have any shadowing of clinical volunteering hours? Which schools did you apply to? What was your first MCAT score?
CT, yes over 250 shadowing and hospital volunteer hour. AHA fellowship grant recipient, 1 1/2 years research. First score 501, second score 509.
Uconn, QU, UCF, USC, UNC, Tulane, Uwash, VCU , Loyola Chicago, Rosalind Franklin, Tufts, GWU, Georgetown, Wake Forest.

U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest. UNC accepts few non residents. I suggest adding more schools this week to increase your chances for more interviews such as:
Vermont
New York Medical College
Albany
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton

Reactions: 1 users
U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest. UNC accepts few non residents. I suggest adding more schools this week to increase your chances for more interviews such as:
Vermont
New York Medical College
Albany
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton
Thanks!

I suggest:

Rosy Franklin

Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)

Loyola

WVU

Rush

MCW

SLU

Creighton

Albany

NYMC

VCU

Tulane

U VM

Oakland-B

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Netter

Gtown

GWU

U CT

Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons