Chances of getting an interview/admission to pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted664902

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to relax, I managed to get accepted into 6 of the 6 schools I applied to with a 91% composite. I scored a 19% in RC. You will be fine. With preparation for the interview you will do just fine

Reactions: 1 user
I have got good GPA (>3.8) , same PCAT score as you though my lowest one was in Verbal. Definitely not as much experiences as you have, only shadow and 1 year volunteering as pharm. assistant. I know my LoR is good (I only have one so far). I do keep myself busy with volunteering and part-time jobs. If you ask my confident level at the moment, I'd say I only about 50% there. I am also an international student so that's something that worry me. I think the interview would be the make or break point, and I'm not confident with my interview skill at all. I guess everyone all have their own insecurities. Best of luck to you is all I can say.

I have got good GPA (>3.8) , same PCAT score as you though my lowest one was in Verbal. Definitely not as much experiences as you have, only shadow and 1 year volunteering as pharm. assistant. I know my LoR is good (I only have one so far). I do keep myself busy with volunteering and part-time jobs. If you ask my confident level at the moment, I'd say I only about 50% there. I am also an international student so that's something that worry me. I think the interview would be the make or break point, and I'm not confident with my interview skill at all. I guess everyone all have their own insecurities. Best of luck to you is all I can say.

Just a question about your pcat score. Didn't you bump yours from a 30 percentile to a 90 or so? Did pearson void your pcat score seeing that it was more than 5o percentile increase?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a question about your pcat score. Didn't you bump yours from a 30 percentile to a 90 or so? Did pearson void your pcat score seeing that it was more than 5o percentile increase?
On my Pharmcas application, they posted both the score from my January test and July test. I didn't think they would do that since that test was from last year cycle and my application was newly opened for this year. But both are there when I checked. So I guess once you told them to keep the score after you take the test, every one of your score will be posted.

On my Pharmcas application, they posted both the score from my January test and July test. I didn't think they would do that since that test was from last year cycle and my application was newly opened for this year. But both are there when I checked. So I guess once you told them to keep the score after you take the test, every one of your score will be posted.
Hey my pcat score improved 51 points and im really worried about the cancellation do you think they would cancel it? This is just stressing me out Thanks

Hey my pcat score improved 51 points and im really worried about the cancellation do you think they would cancel it? This is just stressing me out Thanks
They didn't do anything to my score. Just posted both on my application.

oh okay so If it is posted on pharmcas that means it is counted right? I hope they dont invalidate mine since i jumped 51 pts.

oh okay so If it is posted on pharmcas that means it is counted right? I hope they dont invalidate mine since i jumped 51 pts.
I think you should be fine. Did you send in your application yet? I applied for early decision and got an interview invitation last week. I'm stressing about it now since I don't have much interviewing experience

I think you should be fine. Did you send in your application yet? I applied for early decision and got an interview invitation last week. I'm stressing about it now since I don't have much interviewing experience
Not yet I am applying for regular decision to schools so in nov. Ill send in the apps

Btw, should I call Pearson just in case about the score increase or should I wait for them to post the score on pharmcas? Thanks

Based on what I read, you don't have to contact them. They will decide whether to invalidate your score or keep your score.

If they invalidate your score, then you appeal that decision. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you cheated. It is probably just an extra checking procedure they have in place to catch cheaters.

Reactions: 1 user
Based on what I read, you don't have to contact them. They will decide whether to invalidate your score or keep your score.

If they invalidate your score, then you appeal that decision. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you cheated. It is probably just an extra checking procedure they have in place to catch cheaters

I mean with all those security checks when going into the center it is obvious that I did not cheat. I am just worried since I want to submit my application in mid nov. and because of this it might be delayed.

I mean with all those security checks when going into the center it is obvious that I did not cheat. I am just worried since I want to submit my application in mid nov. and because of this it might be delayed.