Chances of getting F1 visa from India? PLease help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rian

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a physician practicing here in So. California. I am hoping to bring my brother here, currently an anesthesiologist in India (7 years experience). I am willing to pay for his studies here with Kaplan and provide him boarding. But what are his chances of getting an F1 visa thru admission in Kaplan. Anyone here has come here in the same fashion.

My question is, when he is evaluated by the consulate in India, doesn't the fact that he is coming here for USMLE make him a potential immigrant and hence cause rejection of his visa.

Any advice in this regard will be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Hi rian,

I would definitely be concerned about the visa being rejected on the logic that you stated. Instead, I would advise him to apply for an MPH program or an MS program (in the basic medical sciences) and get an F1 stamped for that. Once he is here on that F1, he can either take the USMLE while staying enrolled at that particular school or transfer over the Kaplan. The transfer is pretty simple and Kaplan will be able to give you info on that. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me: [email protected].

Good luck!