Chances of getting in?? Input requested

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tfoor13

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations anyone has or any input would be great. Obviously I don't plan on getting into all of these great schools but let me know what you guys think!

Undergrad
: University of Florida
Major: Biology and Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.69
Pre-req GPA: 3.5-3.7 depending on program
GRE Scores: 158V, 156Q; AW 5.0
Observation Hours: a little over 100 in 3 settings
Extracurriculars: worked 2 jobs through all 4 years of college, taught english classes to foreign students coming to study in US, did research in a brain institute, volunteered in the ER and NICU 100+ hours, played intramural soccer and other sports
LOR: 1 Physical Therapist, 1 Professor APK, 1 Director of Honors Program/boss

Planning to Apply to: Duke (ED), Emory, Wash U, Northwestern, Colombia, U.Pitt, NYU

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any recommendations anyone has or any input would be great. Obviously I don't plan on getting into all of these great schools but let me know what you guys think!

Undergrad
: University of Florida
Major: Biology and Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.69
Pre-req GPA: 3.5-3.7 depending on program
GRE Scores: 158V, 156Q; AW 4.0
Observation Hours: a little over 100 in 3 settings
Extracurriculars: worked 2 jobs through all 4 years of college, taught english classes to foreign students coming to study in US, did research in a brain institute, volunteered in the ER and NICU 100+ hours, played intramural soccer and other sports
LOR: 1 Physical Therapist, 1 Professor APK, 1 Director of Honors Program/boss

Planning to Apply to: Duke (ED), Emory, Wash U, Northwestern, Colombia, U.Pitt, NYU
With your stats you should have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, you should be solid. Your GPA and GRE scores were better than mine and I still got in!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
im worried my prereq GPA, if it falls toward the 3.4-3.5 end may be too low, any ideas on this?

im worried my prereq GPA, if it falls toward the 3.4-3.5 end may be too low, any ideas on this?
You have nothing to worry about. You have a very solid application.
You and I had about the same GPA but your GRE scores are better than mine.
I didn't have any issues getting into my top schools.
Relax, work on the application and most of all, try to have fun when you aren't working on the application.