Chances of getting in???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angela_yh

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a third year student at McGill. I'm thinking that I want to try for Waterloo for next year so I took my OAT. My gpa is around a 3.81 and these are my OAT scores.

QR: 380
RC: 360
Biology: 400
General Chemistry: 400
Organic Chemistry: 360
Physics: 370
TS: 400
AA: 380

What are my chances of getting into Waterloo?? I kind of want an idea about where I stand. In terms of extracurriculars, I've done research in a lab and am on the executive team for two clubs, among a few other things. Nothing too crazy! If not Waterloo, what are my chances at other USA schools? Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm certain you will get an interview at most any school you apply to. Unless you mess up your interview I would also think you have a great shot at getting in.

I think you have a good shot at getting into Waterloo. I interviewed there last year and didn't get in, but for comparison, got accepted to both American schools I interviewed at (including SUNY, which I believe has the highest average OAT/GPA acceptance rate of the American schools.) So, you'll almost definitely get in somewhere - you have better stats than I did.

Waterloo has a multiple-mini interview like med schools do. I didn't practice for mine, but having gone through it, I would recommend practicing.

Best of luck!