CHANCES OF GETTING IN?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

S.g090

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Newbie here, I recently just received an email stating that I was waitlisted at my number 1 choice (Wayne State U)
Unfortunately, the ranking on the waitlist I was given has me nervous...#20. What would the chance of me getting in be?

My stats:
Overall GPA: 3.41
Science GPA: 3.43
Letters: 2 PT's, 2 Professors
Experience: 2,400+ hours in outpatient (work), 30+ inpatient
Extra curricular: Pre-PT club Vice President, Club Football 2 years,

Members don't see this ad.

There's no telling. It depends on the school itself and how many people with acceptances who choose to go somewhere else.

Other than retaking classes and the GRE. Any suggestions on making my application look stronger with a mediocre GPA, if I'm not admitted this rotation?

Other than retaking classes and the GRE. Any suggestions on making my application look stronger with a mediocre GPA, if I'm not admitted this rotation?

More hours in a variety of settings.
It’s not a bad thing that you have 2000 hours of paid experience in 1 setting but if you could add +30 hours in one or two more different settings each that may be helpful.

And unless the schools you’re applying to don’t allow retakes, you can never go wrong with retaking prereqs. Turning Cs/Bs into As makes a big difference.

Volunteer experience that revolves around serving your community is another thing that would look good on your app.

I have similar GPA #s as you. 3.45 cGPA and 3.4 prereq, but I had volunteer hours in 4 different settings, as well as volunteer experience with helping those in under served communities, and what I thought was an awesome personal essay. Those small things can help!