Chances of getting in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dr.Linus

Has anybody got admission with 9V 10P 8B and a Q in WS? I am hesitating to apply now with that kind of scores. I am planning on retake in April 2003. Any insights welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

hmm...people have definitely gotten in with a 27. i think if you want a really good shot in getting in, you'll have to improve that bio score.

people that have gottenin usually have other strong stats like their gpa, and again the schools differ, u should definitely consider retaking the mcats, but if u have submitted ur amcas already then go ahead, i dont think u have anything to lose (apart from the money) but dont be discouraged, k?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure lots of people have gotten in with that score. A 27 is perfectly respectable, and your writing score is great. If the rest of your application is strong, I wouldn't hesitate to apply. Just make sure to apply to lots of middle and lower tier schools. Good luck!! :)

does anybody know what percentage of people with a 27 get in?
i heard that the average mcat for med school matricu. is ~28

Hey, I just got a 27, (10V, 8P, 9B, R). The only thing I'm good at is Verbal and writing, which makes sense since I'm a post-bacc. Does anyone know if schools weight the Verbal score more, especially if you are a post-bacc student? I got a 10V, 8, 8, the first time around and then studied all summer and only went up one point in Bio. The science background just isn't there for me. Suggestions?
My GPA is low, 3.1, but I was a four-year scholarship athlete and won a bunch of athletic awards.

Originally posted by TexasGuy41
Hey, I just got a 27, (10V, 8P, 9B, R). The only thing I'm good at is Verbal and writing, which makes sense since I'm a post-bacc. Does anyone know if schools weight the Verbal score more, especially if you are a post-bacc student? I got a 10V, 8, 8, the first time around and then studied all summer and only went up one point in Bio. The science background just isn't there for me. Suggestions?
My GPA is low, 3.1, but I was a four-year scholarship athlete and won a bunch of athletic awards.

I've heard more than once that supposedly verbal correlates well with success in med school... but med school is a lot about basic science background, so I don't know...

3.1 and 27? good shot at DO schools..