chances of getting into a top 25 pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hajenkin

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, everyone! I am currently in the process of applying to pharmacy schools but I'm a bit concerned about my grades and if I'd be competitive for a top 25 pharmacy school?

BA in Psychology
GPA: 3.6
pre-req GPA: 3.3-3.4
PCAT: taking in September
3 LoR from pharmacists
1+ years working in retail pharmacy (I am a licensed pharmacy tech)
held a vice president position in a school organization
a few awards/scholarships/certificates

However, I had numerous health issues at the beginning of my college career, which left me with about 3 W's on my transcript, as well as a C in ochem and calculus. I retook the ochem and received an A, as well as an A in one of my withdrawn classes.

Despite this, would I still be competitive?
 
PCAT score actually means a lot, so that could add to your chances of getting into one. If you score in >80 percentile in addition to what you have above, I'd say it sounds as if you have a very competitive application.
 
I would say you have a very good chance given you do well on the PCAT. The only thing I might change is swapping one of your letter of recs. I feel that three pharmacists writing you recommendations is overkill. Maybe get one from a professor to add a bit more diversity in your letter of recommendations. Someone who can attest that you're academically suited for pharmacy school.