chances of getting into a top 25 pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hajenkin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I am currently in the process of applying to pharmacy schools but I'm a bit concerned about my grades and if I'd be competitive for a top 25 pharmacy school?

BA in Psychology
GPA: 3.6
pre-req GPA: 3.3-3.4
PCAT: taking in September
3 LoR from pharmacists
1+ years working in retail pharmacy (I am a licensed pharmacy tech)
held a vice president position in a school organization
a few awards/scholarships/certificates

However, I had numerous health issues at the beginning of my college career, which left me with about 3 W's on my transcript, as well as a C in ochem and calculus. I retook the ochem and received an A, as well as an A in one of my withdrawn classes.

Despite this, would I still be competitive?

Members don't see this ad.

PCAT score actually means a lot, so that could add to your chances of getting into one. If you score in >80 percentile in addition to what you have above, I'd say it sounds as if you have a very competitive application.

I would say you have a very good chance given you do well on the PCAT. The only thing I might change is swapping one of your letter of recs. I feel that three pharmacists writing you recommendations is overkill. Maybe get one from a professor to add a bit more diversity in your letter of recommendations. Someone who can attest that you're academically suited for pharmacy school.