Chances of getting into Pharmacy School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bionerd4

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just graduated with a BS in Biology and applied to several pharmacy schools. What are my chances of getting into UW, WSU, USC, and UOP with these stats?

Cumulative GPA: 3.41
Science GPA: 3.44

Extracurriculars:
Active member of PrePharm Club at my uni (1 year)
Officer for PrePharm Club (1 year)
Volunteer at a nursing home (100 hours)

Pharmacy Experience:
Work as a pharmacy technician at a retail pharmacy (1.5 year)
Volunteer for an out-patient pharmacy (240 hours)
Shadowed a clinical pharmacist

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I have just graduated with a BS in Biology and applied to several pharmacy schools. What are my chances of getting into UW, WSU, USC, and UOP with these stats?

Extracurriculars:

Pharmacy Experience:

Thanks in advance.

Looks good to me! Did you take pcat?

Hi all,

Extracurriculars:

Pharmacy Experience:

Thanks in advance.
100%. Pharmacy schools are hurting for applicants. Any school will take you. The real question is how much you can negotiate down the tuition. Probably a couple thousand.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

100%. Pharmacy schools are hurting for applicants. Any school will take you. The real question is how much you can negotiate down the tuition. Probably a couple thousand.
What school do you go to that lets you negotiate tuition lol?

How many thousands? Would you say ten million thousands?

What school do you go to that lets you negotiate tuition lol?
When i was applying three schools negotiated with me with tuition. The field of pharmacy is in a crisis right now and schools are struggling to fill seats.

How many seats? Would you say ten million ??
I'm sorry. But there seems to be a language barrier here. I don't think you are correctly reading my post. I understand English may not be your first language.

When i was applying three schools negotiated with me with tuition. The field of pharmacy is in a crisis right now and schools are struggling to fill seats.
What schools tried to negotiate the price with you? And how does that conversation even start?

Hi all,

Extracurriculars:

Pharmacy Experience:

Thanks in advance.

Were you able to obtain excellent Letter of Recommendations too? And did you spend enough time on your personal statement? But overall, your stats seem pretty similar to mines and I was able to receive interview invites from all of the schools I applied to, and one of those schools was WSU too! UOP should be manageable for you as well. I have an acquaintance who received an interview from UOP despite having a slightly below stats compared to you.

Were you able to obtain excellent Letter of Recommendations too? And did you spend enough time on your personal statement? But overall, your stats seem pretty similar to mines and I was able to receive interview invites from all of the schools I applied to, and one of those schools was WSU too! UOP should be manageable for you as well. I have an acquaintance who received an interview from UOP despite having a slightly below stats compared to you.

I got LORs from my cell and molec professor, pharmacy manager, and another pharmacist. I'm not sure if they're excellent letters but I know they're good. And I think my personal statement is okay. I actually cancelled my interview at UOP because a 3 year program seems to be really challenging. I also received interviews to all the schools that I applied to except USC. What do you think my chances are for UW and USC? Those are my dreams schools. Also, what schools did you apply to?

I got LORs from my cell and molec professor, pharmacy manager, and another pharmacist. I'm not sure if they're excellent letters but I know they're good. And I think my personal statement is okay. I actually cancelled my interview at UOP because a 3 year program seems to be really challenging. I also received interviews to all the schools that I applied to except USC. What do you think my chances are for UW and USC? Those are my dreams schools. Also, what schools did you apply to?
I applied to LECOM, U of U, WSU, and Texas Tech and received invitations from all of them. Idk about your chances tho for USC but I know a classmate who got into UW though. I’m not sure if she had prior pharmacy experience but I’m confident she not only had an excellent gpa but had research experience with at least 1 published article.

I applied to LECOM, U of U, WSU, and Texas Tech and received invitations from all of them. Idk about your chances tho for USC but I know a classmate who got into UW though. I’m not sure if she had prior pharmacy experience but I’m confident she not only had an excellent gpa but had research experience with at least 1 published article.
Goodluck on all your interviews! UW and USC are reach schools for me.. I'd be really surprised if I got accepted. I also have a classmate that got accepted to UW but her GPA was slightly lower than mine. Maybe it was the interview that got her in..

Last edited:
Goodluck on all your interviews! UW and USC are reach schools for me.. I'd be really surprised if I got accepted. I also have a classmate that got accepted to UW but her GPA was slightly lower than mine and she failed but retook a couple of classes. Maybe it was the interview that got her in..
The interview definitely is a major factor! Thanks! Good luck to you too :)

What schools tried to negotiate the price with you? And how does that conversation even start?
I'm not going to disclose the school, but it was a school in NY. They called my cell phone. I told them i had already committed to a school. I said how much is tuition. They said X. I said I can go there for Y. They said they can lower it to Z. I said thanks for the offer but no.

I'm not going to disclose the school, but it was a school in NY. They called my cell phone. I told them i had already committed to a school. I said how much is tuition. They said X. I said I can go there for Y. They said they can lower it to Z. I said thanks for the offer but no.
Wow that’s intriguing! Thanks for sharing your experience