Chances of getting into residency.

Started by razanac15
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

razanac15

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi iam a US IMG, i scored very low (197) on step 1 and scored 234 on step 2. Year of graduation: 2018. I am interested in applying to psych residency for 2021. I have recommendations from the community clinic that I work. What can I do to bolster my application. Aside from externships, does working as a medical assistant/psych technician possess any value in getting there?
Thank you.
 
Last edited:
Hi iam a US IMG, i scored very low (197) on step 1 and scored 234 on step 2. Year of graduation: 2018. I am interested in applying to psych residency for 2021. I have recommendations from the community clinic that I work. What can I do to bolster my application. Aside from externships, does working as a medical assistant/psych technician possess any value in getting there?
Thank you.

Just apply broad to Psych and community IM/FM. Statistics say you'll most likely end up with FM/community IM but doesn't hurt to apply to give Psych a shot or else you'll spend your time wondering what if.