Chances of matching allo

Started by MDbear
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MDbear

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am currently interested in OBGYN
My stats are as follow
COMLEX 1: >550
USMLE Step 1 226

I plan on taking USMLE Step 2

What are my chances of getting into a good New York OB-GYN allopathic program?
Also, what programs are DO friendly for OBGYN in New York if you guys dont mind mentioning a few. I look on websites to see if the program has had DO in the past but some programs that I know are DO friendly dont show all their residents.
 
Last edited:
Your Step 1 is compeitive but may be just slightly on the low side for the big name academic programs in NYC. Good grades and letters could bring you overnthe hump. However, I do not see Columbia, NYU, or Cornell overlooking the stigma that comes with a DO graduate. I may be wrong but I know neither have any DO residents or recent graduates (very unfortunate, I know). Columbia has an intern from Brazil, so it may be possible. I interviewed with DOs at Beth Isreal, so that may be a realistic bet.
 
Last edited: