Chances of matching EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WSP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
call me. PM you my number

blowing step 2 out of the water would be a good start. Might not be a bad idea to be able to explain your step 1 score. (ie, did your school not give you any time off to study? etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, things have changed around here since last year...

I would like to buy a vowel, Pat. Is there an A?

Okay, all d-baggery aside, check out the FAQs. The helpful info is there.

What about these stats?

DO student (private DO school)
239/99 Step 1
50/140 class rank (i.e., almost top 3rd)
all H/HP thus far in clinicals

How many programs should I apply to?

What about these stats?

DO student (private DO school)
239/99 Step 1
50/140 class rank (i.e., almost top 3rd)
all H/HP thus far in clinicals

How many programs should I apply to?

This is the typical post that will get you the FMF. Find the FAQs.

This is the typical post that will get you the FMF. Find the FAQs.

I have a Step 1 score of 270 and class rank of #1 -- what do you guys think my chances are? Should I apply to a back up specialty? Maybe I should apply to all the programs in existence. Maybe I should rotate at the In and Out so that I can get a stellar letter. Or maybe I should just sleep with all the PD's -- I just don't know what to do!!!!

news.pagepublication.fat-woman.jpg

I have a Step 1 score of 270 and class rank of #1 -- what do you guys think my chances are? Should I apply to a back up specialty? Maybe I should apply to all the programs in existence. Maybe I should rotate at the In and Out so that I can get a stellar letter. Or maybe I should just sleep with all the PD's -- I just don't know what to do!!!!

:laugh:

EXACTLY.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! :highfive::soexcited::bow::bow::bow:

I am a 3rd Medical Student at LSU. I made a 185 on Step 1. My grades are mostly B's and a few C's. My clinical grades however are much better. I have published one paper in medical school. What are my chances of being competitive in EM? What should I do to assure I match?

Your chances of being competitive are zero.

Your chances of matching somewhere are pretty good assuming you apply to alot of places.

Because it's poor form to ask that question at all in this forum, let alone in the same thread started by someone who has scores that pale in comparison to yours.

oh ok. thanks for the input. didn't know that was a bad question.. my bad..

Ahhh man! Now I'm worried because I thought my 285 and class rank 1 out 2000 and 17 publications in EM and saving AIDS babies in third-world countries while single-handedly fixing the broken healthcare system in the US would be good enough.