Chances of PT School Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xborndaballx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The question of "what if I dont get in" just dawned on me as I am making the final study preparations to take my GRE this coming Wednesday (Sept 19th). I know these threads come a dime a dozen and the past couple months I have been trolling through them all searching for others who have similar stats as me and have successfully gotten into a DPT program. So here I am myself asking the same question, if there is anyone out there that can shed some light I would greatly appreciate it!Currently I am retaking Bio 1 and Chem 1 and expect to receive A's in both to replace C's I received freshman year. (My cum listed below doesn't include the new A's) My stats are as follow:

GRE scores: Q 155, V151, AW 3.5

Overall Cum: 3.25 (without the 2 retake classes)
Pre-req GPA: 3.55
Undergrad: UCF
Major: Interdisciplinary Studies ( Biomedical Science and Psychology)
Minor: Health Science
Observation Hours: ~ 75(and counting) in outpatient pediatrics and geriatrics

Wanting to apply to all the FL schools and have been looking at a good amount of out of state schools as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Solid pre req gpa. Do well in the GRE and on your interviews and you should be fine. I got in with like a 3.3 pre req last year. My GRE was 660 math, 610 V 4.0 writing

Thanks a lot! If you don't mind me asking, where did you apply and get accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you will be fine! I didn't do great on the GRE, I actually barely did good enough to apply anywhere. Schools place preference on different things. Just really know what schools you want to go to, and keep in touch with them via facebook, email, ect. Make sure they know you are interested! If they have an open house, go to it, make sure they know your name, it goes a long way! If you can get A's in classes you retake that will help. Volunteer as much as possible and get good LOR's. Don't let other peoples stats intimidate you! Someone in my class barley had a 3.0 GPA and got in!

UNF's open house is Oct. 6th, btw :)

I don't see your GPA holding you back too much provided you apply to schools within your 'league'. I spent a lot of time doing research to find schools that 1) I would fulfill their prerequisites before I graduate (not taking any upper level psych courses, math beyond algebra, speech ) 2) accepted lower range stats 3) was located in an area I could tolerate living in. Hopefully you can get the attention of an instate school for tuition purposes. It goes without saying that things like excellent LORs and impressive extra curriculars can can make a world of difference.

You have a good amount of hours. If you have the time, I would try to find some more different settings to volunteer. Your GPA looks good and it should be on an upward trend so I dont see a problem with it. You need to put your most attention in taking the GRE and getting your application in early.

thanks everyone! Im nervous about taking the GRE this wednesday, been studying like crazy these last couple months since graduating, only thing im worried about is im consistently getting v-148-149 :/ and around q- 153 on practice tests (kaplan, manhattan prep and ets powerprep) Im a horrible test taker....

JRS69- my number one choice is UNF and I Requested to attend the open house 2 weeks ago and ive been emailing Beth Dibble on and off since May so hopefully they remember my name! Cant wait til meet some of the staff and see the campus. I really hope i get in!

I got into Mercer which is in Atlanta. Its a great program and I couldn't be more pleased.

Thanks guys,

I just got my GRE scores.... Q 155, V151, AW 3.5

Kinda scared now, i dont know if i should retake them or not?

Thanks guys,

I just got my GRE scores.... Q 155, V151, AW 3.5

Kinda scared now, i dont know if i should retake them or not?

I'd keep'em. But it's a personal decision. I hated the test and hated prepping for it so after I got my scores I decided that was it. I was going to apply with'em.

Very good information here! I am just sitting back soaking it in. It is also reassuring that there is someone else out there with similar fears that i have! Best of Luck