This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

laughinguppy

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sGPA: 3.23 cGPA: 3.42 grad GPA: 3.76 MCAT: 499
Undergrad: Biomedical engineering
Graduate: Master's in Integrative Medicine
100+ hours shadowing DO
50+ hours shadowing MD
70+ hours shadowing ND
150+ hours volunteering in hospital
lot's of community service experience (soup kitchens, etc.)
1000+ hours working at pharmaceutical company
240+ hours in non-clinical laboratory research setting
200+ hours in non-clinical laboratory research setting
REALLY strong letters from my undergrad & grad pre-med advisors, and osteopathic physician.

I am looking to apply to D.O. schools and some integrative-related MD schools and want to know my chances of getting an interview or acceptance for the 2017-2018 cycle. The only thing really bringing me down is my MCAT and I can't figure out whether I need to retake it. Help please!
 
You have a chance for interviews at some DO schools so I suggest applying to all of these:

ACOM

ARCOM

BCOM

WCU-COM

LMU-DCOM

UP-KYCOM

WVSOM

UIWSOM

VCOM (all 3 schools)

NYIT-Arkansas

RVU-Utah

Idaho (new school)

Where is your state of residence?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do you think I would hear back about an interview if I have already submitted my secondary and letters of recommendation?
 
When do you think I would hear back about an interview if I have already submitted my secondary and letters of recommendation?
Anytime after your secondary is submitted. Some schools send you a notice when they have processed all your info and are getting ready to determine if you will get an interview or not. I've seen applicants for ARCOM get an II 4 days after they submitted their secondary. I have similar stats to yours and I have not received an interview. I have submitted all 15 secondaries within the past 7 days.
 
Anytime after your secondary is submitted. Some schools send you a notice when they have processed all your info and are getting ready to determine if you will get an interview or not. I've seen applicants for ARCOM get an II 4 days after they submitted their secondary. I have similar stats to yours and I have not received an interview. I have submitted all 15 secondaries within the past 7 days.

You seem like a solid candidate for Nova!