"Chances" post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SBK

Class of 2013 - WSU
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that all my grades are in, I was hoping for some input:

Graduated with a B.S. in Chemical Engineering... first 3 years were around a 2.8. Decided to change my career and combined my last 6 qtr's of classwork into 4 and got a 3.7ish my senior year, bringing UG to a 3.03.

I just completed first year of SMP (consisting of about 19 science classes) with a 3.9. Going to finish the second year and obtain my masters in biomedical science.

I took the mcat and got 13ps/12bs/9vr/S.

I have the main EC's I beleive, consisting of outreach clubs in which im president, leadership, volunteering in a hospital, and an upcoming medical mission to Africa im looking forward to.

My LOR should be good as I'm the highest ranked kid in the program and the committee letter shows the rank in each class you take.

What types of chances do I have? I am applying to like every MD school that I am applicable to in the hopes I get one and about 5 DO schools that I like the location of.

Are there any schools in particular that look at untraditional kids like me?

Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Given your SMP performance, I think you have a great shot at being accepted. A 3.9 is really outstanding. Which SMP did you participate in?

Given your SMP performance, I think you have a great shot at being accepted. A 3.9 is really outstanding. Which SMP did you participate in?

Midwestern University. Very difficult, but very rewarding. Definitely recommend to any kids looking for SMP.