Chances question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlowerGirl35

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing that applying to dental school is a crapshoot regardless of what stats one has. My oGPA ~3.85 and my sGPA~3.70 I have finished all my prerequisites. Is it really a crapshoot or should I expect to get into at least one school. Also, my courseload was never high but I was always a full-time student. How much will that affect me? taking around 13 credits per semester as opposed to 15-16

Members don't see this ad.

GPA is high, no DAT yet so can't chance. Along with no posted EC's. We really can't help unless you provide more details.

Are dental school application cycles a crapshoot? Pretty much.
Does that mean a competitive application always yields rejection? Absolutely not.

Your cGPA/sGPA are more than fine, so keep it up. Take the DAT and ace it. Build up your EC's, shadowing, and (if you have it) research. A lower amount of credits won't hurt you if you show that you were involved in extracurriculars, work, etc. while doing well in school. Present yourself as an individual devoted to the field. Avoid the can't-do mentality and focus on putting all you've got into your strength as an applicant.

Forget the unpredictability of the whole thing and work on making yourself stand out when the process begins. That's how it works.

It's not a crap-shoot if you put effort into the entire application and your undergraduate career.