Chances ruined?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scaredlittlegirl

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently a third year thinking about applying for this next session. However, around february of last year, I ran into a little incident. I finally got my fake and tried to use it for the first time with my friends. I was the first one, and got taken to the side where it got confiscated and I was going to be written a 400 dollar ticket. My 19 year old self panicked and .... ran. I ran like 10 feet before my mind yelled "wtf are you doing" and I stopped and they arrested me for evading. Class A misdemeanor. I am in the pre-trial diversion program which is basically meaning after I finish my community service, it will be dismissed/dropped and then I will expunge it. Now my question is: what do I do? I know disclosing it is better and whatnot. What are my chances?
If I expunge should I not? Wait a year? I am not sure. I am studying for my OAT this winter and thinking about applying in the summer. My program ends in April.. and expungement takes a couple months to fully get into effect. What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Ask your lawyer. My understanding is expunged means that it never happened. As such, I don't believe you're obligated to report it. But don't take my word for it. Ask an attorney.
I definitely have asked my lawyer. He said its fine to state that it never happened. But I read somewhere that once you get in, and apply to boards or whatever, they are legally allowed to look it up? and finding out later could hurt you longterm

I definitely have asked my lawyer. He said its fine to state that it never happened. But I read somewhere that once you get in, and apply to boards or whatever, they are legally allowed to look it up? and finding out later could hurt you longterm
I do not believe that is true. Juvenile records that are expunged are as if they never happened. If your record is truly expunged at the time you make your application, I would not report it.