• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Chances/School recommendations? (Thanks!)

JShen

Mar 22, 2011
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi All!

Just wanted to give you guys my stats and see what you thought my chances were and maybe give some suggestions as to where to apply:

GPA:
    Undergrad: 3.27 - With a big upward trend. I ended up majoring in a religion undergrad, had a 3.92 major GPA, but veryyy low science GPA, so I did a post-bacc program
    Post-bacc: 3.85
    For D.O. schools, with grade-replacement, I have a roughly 3.65 GPA

MCAT: 33

ECs:
    - Research lab at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
    - Worked in a number of doctor's offices in various positions
    - Certified EMT (never was an active EMT though, so should I even put this on my applications?)
    - Shadowed plastic surgeon and orthopedic resident
    - Volunteering at a number of hospitals
    - Speak 5 languages
    - Dean's list
    - Award as top student in religion major in my graduating class (I know, compared to the distinctions other SDNers have, this sounds humorous)

N.J. resident

I'll be applying this cycle to both MD and DO schools, so I wanted to see what you guys thought my chances were, and where I should apply. Thanks so much!

Last edited:
    About the Ads
    This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.