Thanks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plsacceptmenotajoke

Reaction score
Thank you all for your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if you do not receive an acceptance from one of those 5 schools with your MCAT of 522 and a cGPA of 3.75

In my humble opinion, based on my experience with other pre-medical students that I have worked with, I believe that your MCAT and overall GPA is not in the highest category based on the AAMC table. If I’d were you I would consider a post-bacc or a master’s program to improve your GPA and take your time to accumulate more hours for your experiences.

• Dislike
  • Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Regarding your school list, I would apply to other schools that still continue to rank on the USNWR list. Their information is very valuable, and I highly recommend branching out. There might even be schools you can still apply to for this cycle.

• Dislike
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Your first cycle: how many interviews did you get? If you got four or more interviews and no acceptance, the problem is at interview and you might want coaching on that. If you got two or less interviews, it was an application or LOR problem or perhaps there are red flags somewhere in your application. Three…probably a bad school list or just plain bad luck.

@Faha @Mr.Smile12 @LeaveNoTrace thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately I have been waitlisted at all 5 schools :( I was told my interview skills were pretty good by a couple people, but its possible I just floundered during the interviews. I am going to plan on reapplying now to be safe.

Do you think that I should be set to reapply this year (for the most part it was just increasing hours in activities I had already been doing)/should I make any last minute changes? Also, are there any other common reasons why an applicant might get waitlisted so I can fix it?

@Faha @Mr.Smile12 @LeaveNoTrace thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately I have been waitlisted at all 5 schools :( I was told my interview skills were pretty good by a couple people, but its possible I just floundered during the interviews. I am going to plan on reapplying now to be safe.

Do you think that I should be set to reapply this year (for the most part it was just increasing hours in activities I had already been doing)/should I make any last minute changes? Also, are there any other common reasons why an applicant might get waitlisted so I can fix it?
We'll just have to see. As for reapplying, you already have added more hours compared to last year, so that would be a remarkable improvement.

Hmm. First time round you checked the boxes; this time around you've boosted your hours.

Can you put caregiving for a family member on your application? @Goro has advised against it...but if you were paid by the state to do so that is more of a gray area. Technically you were employed.

You were either simply unlucky or your interviewing skills weren't quite up to snuff.

Last edited:
Hmm. First time round you checked the boxes; this time around you've boosted your hours.

Can you put caregiving for a family member on your application? @Goro has advised against it...but if you were paid by the state to do so that is more of a gray area. Technically you were employed.

You were either simply unlucky or your interviewing skills weren't quite up to snuff.
I agree that interview skills need to be worked on.

OP can mention taking care of the family member as employment.

We'll just have to see. As for reapplying, you already have added more hours compared to last year, so that would be a remarkable improvement.

I agree that interview skills need to be worked on.

OP can mention taking care of the family member as employment.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Hi all! Any feedback on this school list for the upcoming cycle would be appreciated:

Rush
UIC
Loyola
NYMC
Vermont
Geisinger (new)
Quinnipiac
Georgetown
Western Michigan (II)
Colorado
Miami
Massachusetts
Boston (II)
Albert Einstein (new)
Rochester
Ohio State (new)
Hofstra (II)
Virginia
Emory (II)
Case Western (new)
Michigan
Northwestern
Stanford
Duke
UChicago
Yale

Last edited:
Several of your schools such as Rush, Geisinger and NYMC will pass on your app for candidates more likely to ultimately attend.

I suggest:
Tufts
Boston
UMass
Western Michigan
Colorado
Miami
USF
Einstein
Rochester
Hofstra
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Case
UVA
Emory
Iowa
Northwestern
University of Chicago
WUSTL
Vanderbilt
Mayo
Pitt
Duke
Dartmouth
Keck
Vermont

Several of your schools such as Rush, Geisinger and NYMC will pass on your app for candidates more likely to ultimately attend.

I suggest:
Tufts
Boston
UMass
Western Michigan
Colorado
Miami
USF
Einstein
Rochester
Hofstra
Ohio State