Chances to match in this new residency program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B+ve

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

My first choice is a new IM program (kindly, regardless of the name), they Invited 50-60 as they mentioned, for 20 spots, My IV was one day before the rank order deadline. My overall performance is not bad at all with the IV, one interviewer (not PD, not Associate PD either) told me you look so excited to be here! (n yes I was), by the end of the IV, he told me don't worry you will do good!
i dont want to put my hopes up with his wards,

don't know if other IMG or US grad will also rank it high,

Soo worried since the IV, couldn't stop thinking, what are my chances to match there as its a new program?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys,

My first choice is a new IM program (kindly, regardless of the name), they Invited 50-60 as they mentioned, for 20 spots, My IV was one day before the rank order deadline. My overall performance is not bad at all with the IV, one interviewer (not PD, not Associate PD either) told me you look so excited to be here! (n yes I was), by the end of the IV, he told me don't worry you will do good!

Soo worried since the IV, couldn't stop thinking, what are my chances to match there as its a new program?
1 in 3?

@rokshana,

1 in 3, yes, i was wondering also if new programs rank IMG's,as i know most programs pefer US grad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys,

So many variables to think about in this. Community vs university, location of the program, etc etc

Match day is in a week. The less you stress about this the better you will feel

Reactions: 1 user
i think ur right! just cant control the tention! i appreciate your response

Hello guys,

I imagine it's pretty unlikely that they will fill their class if they only interviewed 50-60 for 20 spots, so your chances should be great

I imagine it's pretty unlikely that they will fill their class if they only interviewed 50-60 for 20 spots, so your chances should be great
@scrumpy, thanks alot ! hope so ! thinking is a killer. hoping that Us graduates wont rank it high, neither IMG

i knoww right !, waiting is horrible!

if you ranked it as your fist choice, i would say you have a VERY VERY HIGH chance of matching there. programs usually interview at least 10 applicants per position, while this program almost interviewed 3 per 1. Also, most students prefer not rank new programs high. All this substantially increases your chances of going there.

Please let us know where you end up matching.
Best of Luck

@Doctortobe99
if you ranked it as your fist choice, i would say you have a VERY VERY HIGH chance of matching there. programs usually interview at least 10 applicants per position, while this program almost interviewed 3 per 1. Also, most students prefer not rank new programs high. All this substantially increases your chances of going there.

Please let us know where you end up matching.
Best of Luck
@Doctortobe99

Thanks for your kind reply, i hope so, i Matched Yesterday, and am waiting for this rank which is my number1, i really appreciate it ! i will let you know for sure!

I matched at My number1 choice, this journey was very stressful. i thank you guys for taking the time to support through this forum, wish you all the best , reallly thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Doctortobe99
@scrumpy

I matched at My number1 choice, this journey was very stressful. i thank you guys for taking the time to support through this forum, wish you all the best , reallly thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Doctortobe99
@scrumpy

Best of Luck, happy for you.