Chances !?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heavy J

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up good ppl. I don't know if I should retake the DAT considering my overall stats. I took the DAT yesterday.

My Dat,
PAT- 18
QNR- 18
CHEM- 20
RC- 20
BIO- 20
ORGO- 19
TS- 19
AA- 19 (19.4!)

I am currently a junior in college, have good overall extra cur. stuff and experience etc. Would apply with a 3.64 overall and 3.5 sci.
Should I retake the DAT, would I get enough interviews, any thoughts?
:watching:

Members don't see this ad.

1st message FTW

I forgot to add some details. I am a science major. Have taken heavy sci classes and heavy sci loads. Full time at a 4 year school the past 3 years.

Thanks ppl

Last edited:
Worth a shot if you apply early but I think I would invest some time and effort in retaking and shooting for a 21+

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at western and their average GPA was 3.2 and average DAT was 19 for admitted students for the class of 2019. Your GPA puts you a little above this average... so I would assume you have a fair shot at the low/lower tier schools. If you believe you could score higher on the DAT, then you have more than enough time to retake it before June and still apply early. I took my DAT mid/late May and my application was sent out to schools in the 2nd batch...

I've seen a chart somewhere that showed students who retake the DAT on average do worst than their first attempt. However, if you can seriously dedicate yourself to studying again and improve your AA to 21+ you pretty much seal your fate on getting in.

are you a URM? Where are you located? what are your EC? Those thing will factor in your chance greatly.