Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted779421

Currently just began a Masters in Med Sciences program for a year.

3.25 sGPA, 3.30 cGPA
502 MCAT
>2500 hours clinical employment in a teaching hospital
> 40 hours shadowing an MD
> 1000 hours clinical volunteering
> 500 hours non-clinical volunteering

Obviously my GPA hurts, I worked two part time jobs while in undergrad and also struggled mightily with finances, and was always stressed. No excuse for the GPA however. This masters program's intent is to target that GPA issue. But in the meantime, I was curious on my chances getting into a DO school this cycle. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Members don't see this ad.

You are fine for some DO schools if you apply this month and submit all your secondaries by October. These are schools where you could receive interviews with your stats:
ATSU-SOMA
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
UIWSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
Idaho (new school)
LUCOM
LECOM (both schools)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive some interviews.

Currently just began a Masters in Med Sciences program for a year.

3.25 sGPA, 3.30 cGPA
502 MCAT
>2500 hours clinical employment in a teaching hospital
> 40 hours shadowing an MD
> 1000 hours clinical volunteering
> 500 hours non-clinical volunteering

Obviously my GPA hurts, I worked two part time jobs while in undergrad and also struggled mightily with finances, and was always stressed. No excuse for the GPA however. This masters program's intent is to target that GPA issue. But in the meantime, I was curious on my chances getting into a DO school this cycle. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

You have a solid shot at DO if you apply broadly! Good luck man.