Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cash

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. I got a question for all you guys. I totally bombed my MCAT. I took the MCAT about 2 years ago as an undergraduate and I got a 19. Yes, that is not good and I know it. I graduated undergraduate with a BS in chemistry and a BS in biochemistry and a minor in biology and obtained a 3.2 GPA. I am currently a graduate student in organic chemistry. In graduate school, I have a 3.9 GPA from taking advanced organic and inorganic classes. I have participated in many extracurricular activties and I am currently shadowing a D. O.. I would have taken the MCAT again, but I lost interest in the MD program a long time ago. Now, I found the D. O. program and it is definately for me. I would just like to know if you guys think I have a shot in getting an interview or even getting in. The only thing that is holding me back is the MCAT and it is too late to retake it for Fall 2005 admission. I want to get out of chemistry as soon as possible. It's not for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it too late to register for the August MCAT? If not, register and get ready. Take as many practice tests as possible to raise your verbal score (I'm sure you'll do okay on physical and biological sections :) ). Good luck.

I did what you did in undergrad too, so don't feel bad. I thought I would try and study on my own, and what a bad idea that was as I didn't realize how much it covered.

Well, most people would recommend you take the MCAT again. So if you really want to be a DO, study for it with a prep program and take the MCAT again. I'm sure you'll do much better second time around.

You may be wasting your $ if you apply now.

Good-luck!