Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatguyinschool

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am about to finish up last semester of college, taking about 14 credits all science. Now I am confused and what my next step is.

Here is some of my stats (very poor and did not work hard enough throughout my college career)

Current sGPA which includes no math classes, a course I took in high school that got transferred, and two F's that I received if I did it correctly I am at a 2.48 gpa.
cGPA which includes this two Fs as well is a 2.95 which I am sure I can get it above the 3 mark next semester.

This semester I was able to pull of a 3.5 GPA which was all science classes about 12 credits, and an A- in Orgo, which I got an F in the previous semester. Made the deans list.

Did not take any entrance exams yet.

So my question is:
Can I get accepted to Pharmacy schools with my stats?
If not what can I do to get in?
Does PT school do F forgiveness?
Is this field still in demand, and would this be a recommended field?

Any other input would be appreciated like always.

Stay safe everyone,
thatguyinschool.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I am a current Physical Therapy student so I will try my best in answering your questions to the best of my ability. First, the minimum grades for most schools for pre-req classes are C's. I am not sure if any schools do accept under a C so your best bet would be to re-take the classes you received F's in and strive for a B or higher to offset the F's. My school in particular requires a minimum of B- in all pre-req classes (anatomy,chem,bio,math, etc). Some schools however look at other GPA factors such as last 60 credits, trend GPA, etc. I would highly recommend looking into those schools. I would also recommend getting at least a 305+ on the GRE to offset the lower GPA. You can use study materials such as kaplan's GRE text for example. The field is highly in demand and is expected to exponentially grow in the future as well. I would consider shadowing PT places (and a variety of them if possible) to ensure that this is exactly what you want to do. By shadowing, it will give you a sense of PT, and help you decide if this is a career you would like to pursue. Also, having a substantial amount of shadowing/volunteering hours will only help your chances of getting into PT school. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out! Best of luck and stay safe!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there! I totally agree with what the person said above. If you can and are financially capable to do so there are also some schools that will solely look at your graduate work GPA as well. So if you happen to apply to a masters program and do exceptionally well you will have that going for you. Some programs also exempt GRE requirement if you have a masters degree. Additionally, I would also keep some backup options available as well. Because if you end up applying to pharmacy schools and PT schools and end up getting denied/waitlisted, I think you should have a third career choice open as well because you will have something to lean back on. There's nothing shameful in that. I know a lot of my friends who have applied to their first, second, third, and sometimes even fourth choice healthcare professional programs because they know how competitive it can be and where they stand, let alone how much time money they have left to spend. It's good to be smart about these things sometimes because ultimately it truly can be a gamble so you wanna play your cards efficiently.

Reactions: 1 user