Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kpxnyc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what you guys thought my chances are for this application cycle. I had a rough sophomore year in ungrad and as a result, my final gpa at graduation was 3.253. My science GPA is around 3.1. I know this is low compared to the national averages so I just did a postbac at UMDNJ and after my first year, my grad gpa is a 3.8. I also took a med school course there and got a B+ (equivalent to high pass, and they don't have an A-, just an A or B+). I recently took the MCATs and am hoping for a good score (low-mid 30's?). I took them once but got a 29Q (12PS,7VR,10BS) back in August 2006. I'm doiing research right now over at my school and I'm also working part-time teaching math and chemistry.

I'm definitely planning on applying to my state schools (NJ) but any suggestions as to what other schools might be in my range? I know there's not much to work with but if its of any help, my undergrad gpa's been going up since sophomore year (2.8, 2.9, 3.4, 3.6, 3.5, 3.5).

I'd really appreciate anyone's inputs/comments. Thanks!

Best of luck to everyone on their apps/MCATs/etc!

Members don't see this ad.

Wrong forum. Scroll up and post in the What Are My Chances forums. You'll get better responses there.