Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benjaminpaul198

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just completed a degree in business/finance and am looking to go back to school for podiatry. I have already taken Physics 1/2, Calc 1,2,3 but need to take Chem, Bio, and Orgo. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA, Valedictorian of my collegium, and numerous awards in business.

I absolutely fell in love with podiatry after shadowing a few podiatrists.

My question is: Will my minimal course load (2 classes per semester) and taking Orgo over the summer hurt my admission chances? I am planning on continuing shadowing and working during the school year.

Members don't see this ad.

I just completed a degree in business/finance and am looking to go back to school for podiatry. I have already taken Physics 1/2, Calc 1,2,3 but need to take Chem, Bio, and Orgo. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA, Valedictorian of my collegium, and numerous awards in business.

I absolutely fell in love with podiatry after shadowing a few podiatrists.

My question is: Will my minimal course load (2 classes per semester) and taking Orgo over the summer hurt my admission chances? I am planning on continuing shadowing and working during the school year.

No, medical schools don't care how demanding your course load was. They understand that some people have to work, and a 15 or 12 credit course load would be too much. As far as taking Orgo in the summer, it doesn't matter.

Ya, you'll do fine. I did light loads through College (just enough to be full time) and got in to all of the colleges I applied to with a lesser GPA.