Chances?

benjaminpaul198

Jun 9, 2009
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I just completed a degree in business/finance and am looking to go back to school for podiatry. I have already taken Physics 1/2, Calc 1,2,3 but need to take Chem, Bio, and Orgo. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA, Valedictorian of my collegium, and numerous awards in business.

I absolutely fell in love with podiatry after shadowing a few podiatrists.

My question is: Will my minimal course load (2 classes per semester) and taking Orgo over the summer hurt my admission chances? I am planning on continuing shadowing and working during the school year.

dropfoot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
  1. Podiatry Student
I just completed a degree in business/finance and am looking to go back to school for podiatry. I have already taken Physics 1/2, Calc 1,2,3 but need to take Chem, Bio, and Orgo. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA, Valedictorian of my collegium, and numerous awards in business.

I absolutely fell in love with podiatry after shadowing a few podiatrists.

My question is: Will my minimal course load (2 classes per semester) and taking Orgo over the summer hurt my admission chances? I am planning on continuing shadowing and working during the school year.

No, medical schools don't care how demanding your course load was. They understand that some people have to work, and a 15 or 12 credit course load would be too much. As far as taking Orgo in the summer, it doesn't matter.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.