Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srosseel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on which schools I should be aiming for and how badly the lack of hospital experience will hurt me..

I'm currently a junior Neuroscience major at UCLA planning on applying this upcoming cycle.

cGPA~ 3.95
sGPA ~ 3.97
MCAT ~ taking in April

EC/Honors:

Provost's Honors/Dean's Honors
Summer research at Johns Hopkins (1 pub)
Research throughout one school year at NOAA/ Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Ford Model (this commitment prevented me from taking on any consistent volunteer work)
Shadowing at UCLA Med (got to see autopsy, board meetings)
Los Angeles Ballet Guild Member
Internship (in high school) at Stanford Hospital, which I plan on putting on my application

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

What's keeping you from starting hospital volunteering right now? If you start right now, you can have a good 6 months under your belt before submitting your app. You can have 8+ months by the time interviews start.

You have a great GPA and some interesting ECs. I would hate to see you not reach your potential because of a lack of clinical experience

At our school we have rejected people for lacking patient contact experience. You have to show us you actually like touching patients and can deal with being around sick/injured people.

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on which schools I should be aiming for and how badly the lack of hospital experience will hurt me..

I'm currently a junior Neuroscience major at UCLA planning on applying this upcoming cycle.

cGPA~ 3.95
sGPA ~ 3.97
MCAT ~ taking in April

EC/Honors:

Provost's Honors/Dean's Honors
Summer research at Johns Hopkins (1 pub)
Research throughout one school year at NOAA/ Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Ford Model (this commitment prevented me from taking on any consistent volunteer work)
Shadowing at UCLA Med (got to see autopsy, board meetings)
Los Angeles Ballet Guild Member
Internship (in high school) at Stanford Hospital, which I plan on putting on my application

Thanks so much!