Change phone number on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneDayDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because of a feud with Verizon, I recently had to change my telephone number. Can I just go on AMCAS and change my personal info (I have already submitted and been verified)? Do I have to resubmit? Should I individually let schools know?

Members don't see this ad.

OneDayDoc said:
Because of a feud with Verizon, I recently had to change my telephone number. Can I just go on AMCAS and change my personal info (I have already submitted and been verified)? Do I have to resubmit? Should I individually let schools know?

Since you're already verified, you can just pop in and change your personal contact info. You won't need to be re-verified, the schools should get the new info and have your new phone number the next time they download from AMCAS, which means every school should have your new number within a week or so.

What are the consequences of changing a work experience description or modifying one word in the personal statement after verification?

floridakppr said:
What are the consequences of changing a work experience description or modifying one word in the personal statement after verification?

You can't change those things after verification, so there are no consequences. :p