Changing academic plans. Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymous1992

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a first year student in the medical field, and after a series of personal events, I've come to the conclusion that I will not be happy with a career in medicine. I would like to switch into the business field. I am considering either getting a second bachelor's degree (BBA in finance or supply chain management) or getting a master's degree in finance or supply chain management. Which of these options will give me the best chance of finding a job after graduating? Which is easier to get accepted into with no experience?

If there's anyone out there who switched out of business into medicine or vice versa, any advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. that is something you would ask in a business forum. this is a med forum
2. you aren't considering a career change since you don't have a career in medicine. you are considering a change in academic programs

I am currently a first year student in the medical field, and after a series of personal events, I've come to the conclusion that I will not be happy with a career in medicine. I would like to switch into the business field. I am considering either getting a second bachelor's degree (BBA in finance or supply chain management) or getting a master's degree in finance or supply chain management. Which of these options will give me the best chance of finding a job after graduating? Which is easier to get accepted into with no experience?
Thanks in advance!
This forum caters to those who want to enter med school. Find another forum with expertise in your area of inquiry. This is not it.

Reactions: 1 user