Changing pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm711

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone here ever withdrew from one pharmacy school and had success in getting into a different one? I was in an accelerated program that required a 90% or higher to pass. Although I did achieve A's in a few tests, I did miss some by a point or two. I would like to re-apply to a 4 year program with a normal grading scale. Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, has anyone here ever withdrew from one pharmacy school and had success in getting into a different one? I was in an accelerated program that required a 90% or higher to pass. Although I did achieve A's in a few tests, I did miss some by a point or two. I would like to re-apply to a 4 year program with a normal grading scale. Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated!!
Sounds like you have no other option? Either you withdrew now or they will dismiss you later?

I’m also in an accelerated pharmacy program and I wish I waited or reapplied to a four year school during my P1. If you are still a P1 I suggest you reapply. Loosing one year is nothing compared to being dismissed down the road .

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I've met a few who reapplied to another program after withdrawing from their current one.

If your wondering if any courses will cross-over to another program the answer is no. You will be starting from the beginning as everyone else. If you are withdrawing but maintained your proficiency in passing all your courses, then it would be as simple as applying to another program through PharmCAS and attaching your transcripts from undergrad as well as your accelerated program (keeping in mind you met all the prerequisites or at least plan on taking one or two prereqs before matriculation such as stats or economics). If you were dismissed then you'd still have to provide your transcript and explain the reasoning behind it. Which, either way, you'll have to explain your reasoning for a switch (which could be as easy as stating the rigors of a 3 year expedited program).

Reactions: 1 user
So you're like $50,000 in the hole and you want to take out another $200,000 in loans? Oh lord.

Reactions: 1 users