Changing Research to Most-Meaningful?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FrontierThesis

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Conext: Male, traditional, 24 years old, ORM (extremely lol), CA resident, 522 MCAT, 4.0 GPA

These are my current Most-Meaningful Experiences:

  • X = Community Service/Volunteer - Medical/Clinical
  • Y = Community Service/Volunteer - Not Medical/Clinical
  • Z = Community Service/Volunteer - Medical/Clinical
Z is heavily discussed in my Personal Statement as well. You might even call the a "focus" of my personal statement. (If y'all are familiar with Dr. Ryan Gray, I made it my "seed" for wanting to go into medicine as a child, and then I came back to the activity in college and it only solidified my desire)

An advisor told me to change the Z to NOT Most-Meaningful, and make one of my Research activities Most-Meaningful (even though it genuinely wasn't), since I am applying to "top" programs that really care about research, and because I would be discussing Z too much (PS and Activities).

A friend (in T5 med school already) put it this way: "Yeah I kinda agree. I do think if you are gunning for top schools they care a lot about research and it’s a bit weird if you don’t put research as an MME"

What are your opinions?!

I really wanted to submit today to make the first batch, but if y'all agree that I gotta make this change, I'll do it....