Chapman School of Pharmacy Video

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChapmanPharmacy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Students, it's been awhile since I have had a chance to post.

Things are still going great here at Chapman. Our second class of students just started classes last Monday. We had a target of 80 to 90 students, and we had 86 students start the program.

Our inaugural class of students are still doing well as they start the second year of the program.

If you want a quick look at Chapman you can click on this link. It has a short video that will give you an inside look at the Chapman Experience.

https://www.chapman.edu/pharmacy/about-the-school/index.aspx

Take Care,

Dr. LB Brown

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the information, Dr. Brown! I apologize that there are so many inpolite commentors on this forum who cannot maintain a professional attitude. I do appreciate you nevertheless being extremely professional in all of your correspondence. I think Chapman is an amazing institution, and for sure one that I am highly considering. I am a little bit put off with the tuition cost though - but that is a personal aspect and everything else about Chapman makes it an amazing Pharmacy school!

Thank you for all of your efforts!

Thank you for the information, Dr. Brown! I apologize that there are so many inpolite commentors on this forum who cannot maintain a professional attitude. I do appreciate you nevertheless being extremely professional in all of your correspondence. I think Chapman is an amazing institution, and for sure one that I am highly considering. I am a little bit put off with the tuition cost though - but that is a personal aspect and everything else about Chapman makes it an amazing Pharmacy school!

Thank you for all of your efforts!

Thanks for your nice comments.

As for the tuition, can you say a little more. I know the first two years of our tuition are more than the four year schools, but that's because we have three semesters the first two years, so our tuition looks higher than other schools. But the per semester rate is the same, if not lower, than other private schools in California. Don't forget that you won't have a fourth year of tuition at Chapman, because you will already be out of school making a pharmacist's or resident's salary during that fourth year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much for your quick and informative reply, Dr. Brown!

So I did some research after reading your comment, and if looked at by that lens, Chapman's tuition rate for Pharmacy isn't that bad relative to other local schools. I would say that Chapman's School of Pharmacy is indeed costly, but within the range of Pharmacy education cost on the West Coast. Since I live on the East Coast, the cost of living and other such personal costs would make the price even more difficult. Most Pharmacy schools in the Midwest to Southeast are still much cheaper no matter how the cake is sliced (3 vs 4 year) than Chapman. This is obviously the case for everything, like personal expenses, cost of living, etc..

However, your comment about the last year making a Pharmacist's or Resident's salary is also very true. I guess it's just hard to stare at $69,750 a year because I'm just not used to seeing that in my area. For someone in CA though, I would agree that Chapman is very similar. For someone on my side of the country, it seems exorbitant to a large degree.

With that said, Chapman University and its School of Pharmacy are really going in a great direction. I thank you tremendously for taking out your time, even as senior administration, to enlighten students like myself on Chapman's amazing Pharmacy program and the future of Pharmacy.

Thank You!

LB,

You might be hitting an increased sticker shock problem or troubled situation on those with tight cash flow.

A similar phenomenon sometimes occurs when you try and use a great appointment based model and sync up patients prescriptions. Sometimes they can't or are unwilling to pony up the full amount of cash all at once for all their copay but fare better off when the financial burden is spread over time.