Chapman University DPT: Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted this morning for fall cohort as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email last week saying my application was still being considered for admissions but everyone else is getting accepted/waitlisted/denied. I’m super confused. I haven’t heard anything since then. I just don’t get how they can still be considering my application while others are getting emails that the cohort is full

I got an email last week saying my application was still being considered for admissions but everyone else is getting accepted/waitlisted/denied. I’m super confused. I haven’t heard anything since then. I just don’t get how they can still be considering my application while others are getting emails that the cohort is full

The email I received said the cohort was full. I think they send those “application still being considered email” as a courtesy “update”. Because I received that email also then the next day I got another email with my application status. I would email them and ask them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email last Friday that my application was still being considered. I just received an email yesterday morning saying I was waitlisted and that classes were full. How often do people deny their spot in the cohort after being accepted? Also, does the admissions team call or email people when offering a spot? Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

I received an email last Friday that my application was still being considered. I just received an email yesterday morning saying I was waitlisted and that classes were full. How often do people deny their spot in the cohort after being accepted? Also, does the admissions team call or email people when offering a spot? Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

My friend in the fall 2017 cohort said many didn’t find out till about April but sometimes people are accepted elsewhere and decline their spots last minute. Many programs end up adding from the waitlist in these cases sometimes just weeks before the start. I know someone who was accepted to CSUN off the waitlist 2 weeks before the start. It won’t hurt to start making plans to improve your application for next year, but just be prepared in case that happens.

I just declined my acceptance at chapman for the summer cohort. So if it's summer you are waitlisted for, one spot just opened up.

I was on the wait list for the summer cohort and was offered admissions this past Thursday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my acceptance to Chapman University's Fall 2018 cohort. Hope this opens a spot for someone!!! I've decided to go somewhere else.

I just withdrew my acceptance to Chapman University's Fall 2018 cohort. Hope this opens a spot for someone!!! I've decided to go somewhere else.
I assume a "Thank you" is in order because i received my acceptance today. So, Thank you!

Was anyone else told what Wait List tier they are on?

Awesome! Will you be attending? Also may I ask your stats ? :)
Yes, I will be attending.

Undergrad: Arizona State University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.98
Pre-req GPA: 4.00
GRE: Verbal- 150, Quant-149, AWA-4.0 (Was planning on retaking for next cycle since I hadn't been accepted anywhere)
Observation hours: 172 outpatient ortho, 18 outpatient neuro
I also have over 10,000 hours of manual therapy as a massage therapist (I have no idea if they even take this into consideration)

The waitlist emails I received did not mention a "tier".

Yes, I will be attending.

Undergrad: Arizona State University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.98
Pre-req GPA: 4.00
GRE: Verbal- 150, Quant-149, AWA-4.0 (Was planning on retaking for next cycle since I hadn't been accepted anywhere)
Observation hours: 172 outpatient ortho, 18 outpatient neuro
I also have over 10,000 hours of manual therapy as a massage therapist (I have no idea if they even take this into consideration)

The waitlist emails I received did not mention a "tier".

Congrats!!! If anyone else has any updates please share :)

Thank you!! I hope you hear back from them soon. Sure :)

Undergrad: SDSU
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-req GPA: 3.8
GRE: Verbal- 149, Quant-151, AWA-4.0

Did you turn in letter of recommendations and what were your hours if you don't mind sharing?