Character Limits On Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineForLife 777

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When they say there is a character limit on the secondaries, does that include spaces or without spaces?

For some secondaries, there are boxes that expand indefinitely. :laugh: So I don't know if the limit includes spaces or not. Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

yes it includes spaces and usually when you hit enter, that also counts as a charecter.

jstuds_66 said:
yes it includes spaces and usually when you hit enter, that also counts as a charecter.

That was my experience, too. Be careful--some of the boxes look like they'll let you go on longer than the character limit, but when you go to the "view" screen, the box truncates your essay wherever the limit was. Other secondaries will let you paste in the whole essay, but then will give you an error message when you try to submit it. Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
you're worrying about not having enough space? I'm having trouble cooking up BS just to get close to the character limit! Is brevity bad in these supplementals?