Charles Drew/UCLA Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saintmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Decided to go ahead and make a thread for the incoming students or a current medical students at Drew. I'm really looking forward to meeting the rest of class and starting such a great program, so feel free to chime in :).

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Saintmed!

Thanks for starting this. I just have one questions -- do you (or anybody) know what this "highly recommended" Prologue is the week between the Drew orientation & UCLA foundations program? Is it really highly recommended to attend 3 weeks of orientation type stuff, or is Prologue something else?

I'm out of the country until July so any information arriving to me in the mail comes through the very slow scan/email process of my parents....

Hey Saintmed!

Thanks for starting this. I just have one questions -- do you (or anybody) know what this "highly recommended" Prologue is the week between the Drew orientation & UCLA foundations program? Is it really highly recommended to attend 3 weeks of orientation type stuff, or is Prologue something else?

I'm out of the country until July so any information arriving to me in the mail comes through the very slow scan/email process of my parents....

I have no clue but I have the same question. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Saintmed!

Talk to my buddy and he said for him it wasn't really all that needed. He said you went over things like southern blot, reading gel electrophoresis and basic bio lab techniques. I signed up just for a quick refresher but it really depends on how you feel about everything.

Hey guys I completed my AMCAS this past weekend and I've got Charles Drew at the top of my list. When do they start sending out secondaries??

Has anyone heard anything from Drew yet? My primary was received 8/05 and they said to wait 4 weeks (which was 9/02). Still no response. I called them on Tuesday and here's their response:

Dear Applicant,
We have received your AMCAS application for the CDU/UCLA Medical Education Program. As soon as we hear from the Admissions Committee you will be notified.
Sincerely,
Admissions Office
CDU/UCLA Medical Education Program

Has anyone heard anything from Drew yet? My primary was received 8/05 and they said to wait 4 weeks (which was 9/02). Still no response. I called them on Tuesday and here's their response:

Dear Applicant,
We have received your AMCAS application for the CDU/UCLA Medical Education Program. As soon as we hear from the Admissions Committee you will be notified.
Sincerely,
Admissions Office
CDU/UCLA Medical Education Program

Hey everyone there is a application thread now:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=765618