• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

RunForrestRun30

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Yes, I did a couple of weeks ago. It is a brand new school very technologically advanced. My interview was a couple of faculty members and they like to put you into alot of ethical dilemmas and see how you respond. Everyone there is very nice and friendly.

memphis

10+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey I did interview on feb 2nd but i havent heard anything, do you know if the committe met already?

About the Ads

RunForrestRun30

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Dr. Easton told us they were supposed to meet last Friday, Feb. 16. i haven't heard anyting yet either.

mtgirl

10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
Status (Visible)
Did you both have human anatomy & physiology? I wanted to apply there next year but do not have those classes.

Also, any financial aid help since this is a fairly new school?

Thanks and good luck!

RunForrestRun30

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Did you both have human anatomy & physiology? I wanted to apply there next year but do not have those classes.

Also, any financial aid help since this is a fairly new school?

Thanks and good luck!

Yes I had both Anatomy & Physiology, and yes there is financial aid available. i have a friend who is going there now and they had to get financial aid to pay for school and living expenses.

Good Luck if/when you decide to apply.

Sarapary

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I had an interview on 19th Jan and I have not heard anything yet :scared: ...I really liked the school...:luck:

Wandering

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
I got an email from Dr. Easton today saying that my application was reviewed and was sent to the admissions committee for the final review. They would let me know by March 16th. I interviewed on Feb 2nd btw.

Sarapary

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I got an email from Dr. Easton today saying that my application was reviewed and was sent to the admissions committee for the final review. They would let me know by March 16th. I interviewed on Feb 2nd btw.

what does it mean exactly? does it mean that your chance is really high? what exactly happens after interview...?:confused:

Wandering

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
I don't know what that means. I think it's just an update. The email said that they review each application three times: once before they give out the interview, once after the interview, and the final one. Did anyone else that interview on Feb 2nd get an email?

UKPharm

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
I had an interview there on Jan. 13th and I got an email from Dr. Easton saying I'll know there decision anytime before Feb. 28th. At first they told me I'll know the first week of Feb. but they pushed that date back a couple of weeks.

memphis

10+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I recieved the same email too, I think they are probably waiting for the results of the jan pcat, we should hear something by first week of march

Sarapary

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I have not recieved this email. do you think it means that I didn't pass their second review after interview?:(

About the Ads

Pheesh

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2007
Status (Visible)
I got an interview here coming up March 2nd. I'm starting to sweat because my GPA and PCAT scores aren't as good as many people on here have posted. Hopefully my previous work experience in both retail and hospital pharmacies will help me out as well as having my degree from a respected school.

memphis

10+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I got an interview here coming up March 2nd. I'm starting to sweat because my GPA and PCAT scores aren't as good as many people on here have posted. Hopefully my previous work experience in both retail and hospital pharmacies will help me out as well as having my degree from a respected school.

if you dont mind what are stat? gpa pcat?

UKPharm

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
I have a friend that interviewed the same day as me in Jan. and she got a letter Friday telling her their decision. Has anybody gotten any letters today?

emole123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Bradenton, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Nothing today...I interviewed on the 19th and got the email with saying I would know by the 28th...maybe tomorrow

UKPharm

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
I received a letter today saying they were going to re-review my application and make a decision at a later date. Everybody that I've talked to that interviewed there said they got the same letter. Did any of you all get this letter?

Pheesh

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2007
Status (Visible)
Can someone tell me how the interview was? Was it very formal or pretty laid back/relaxed. Did you feel like you were being interrogated or feel like you were having a casual conversation?

This is my first interview, I'm pretty nervous.

emole123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Bradenton, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
nothing today...well they said by the 28th...so i hope to see something tomorrow...will let you know what happens

my interview was pretty laid back...there was a professor, a cvs pharmacist, and the cvs pharmacy manager...it was a pretty conversational interview. A lot of what would you do in this situation, why pharmacy, why here type stuff.

About the Ads

Sarapary

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I got the same email from Dr. Easton. she said I will be notified by March 30th!:scared:

UKPharm

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
I've talked to 5 people that interviewed there around the time I did and all of them said they got a letter or an email saying they're doing to decide in late March to early April, so maybe they sent everybody the same letter and nobody is going to be accepted until then.

emole123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Bradenton, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
still no news here...the email said by the 28th..and still nothing here
havent checked the mail today yet..so maybe some kind of news will be there
i will let you guys know if anything shows up today...

emole123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Bradenton, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey guys...got an acceptance from Charleston today. Still waiting to hear from some school higher on my list before I decide on this one.

Sarapary

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Hey guys...got an acceptance from Charleston today. Still waiting to hear from some school higher on my list before I decide on this one.

Congardulations ! can I ask you what was you stats? your GPA and Pcat?

Pheesh

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2007
Status (Visible)
Congrats emole. I interviewed there today, but I don't have the stats you do so I'm a little worried. Two years retail experience and now in my first month in hospital pharmacy.

klampster23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
I was suppose to interview there today, March 2, but my flight from Toronto got cancelled due to poor weather conditions, so I've been re-scheduled for March 15th.

This makes me upset, because I think this is the last interview date seeing as it will be middle of march and from a past interview which I did on the last interview date (a specific school had 3-4 previous dates) less than 20 spots were available. It turned out at this specific school that out of 48 students that interviewed that last day, only 10 acceptance offers were given and 7 were wait-listed. That school had room for a total of 86 seats, and I think they interviewed like 300 total.

What scares me is I think Charleston is interviewing around 300, but for only 75 seats. Does anyone know how many seats have already been filled? or an estimate of how many total people have already interviewed or know how many interview dates have they already had?

Also, anyone who interviwed on March 2, any heads up on any interesting questions they ask?

About the Ads

klampster23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
So does anybody have any idea about this....hows many seats left and how many have interviewed thus far?

Sarapary

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
So does anybody have any idea about this....hows many seats left and how many have interviewed thus far?

I am not sure about the answer, the only thing that I can say is at the time of my interview, there were 25-30 people I think...

memphis

10+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I am not sure about the answer, the only thing that I can say is at the time of my interview, there were 25-30 people I think...
So far I have heard of only one person who got accepted since they started interviewing in january, has anyone else got accepted/rejected/waitlisted?

Wandering

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
I just got my acceptance today. I had to run after the mailman barefooted in my boxer shorts when I found my certified mail ticket in my mail box. I'm so happy :laugh:

Sarapary

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I just got my acceptance today. I had to run after the mailman barefooted in my boxer shorts when I found my certified mail ticket in my mail box. I'm so happy :laugh:

Congardulation !!! :) so tell us you stat,GPA and Pcat please ...

Wandering

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
3.0 GPA 96% PCAT 5 Years work experience as a technician
From what I heard from a current student there, the stats will get you the interview but the interview will count for more than 50% of what they will judge you on for acceptance. I think I did well on the interview because mine was the last one and it lasted for an hour. Good luck to yah!

klampster23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
Any interesting interview questions asked, particularly with ethics, or was it just your run of the mill interview questions

Sarapary

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Who has sent the deposite check? who is coming this fall ?:)

memphis

10+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Well, Iam still waiting , Interviewed on feb 19, got a letter that my application needs further review and I will hear from them by the end of April/first week in may, what does that mean? waitlisted? what can I do to increase my chances of getting accepted?

memphis

10+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Has anyone got accepted lately? The last I checked I was on the waitlist, and I dont really know how long the wait will be.

memphis

10+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Has anyone got accepted lately? The last I checked I was on the waitlist, and I dont really know how long the wait will be.

I heard the last interview was last saturday the 24th, those of us still waiting to hear from the ADCOM does this mean we are going to hear something very soon?

RXist

10+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has heard any news from Charleston yet, or know any important dates? Thanks!

RunForrestRun30

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I got a letter a week or so ago saying i would know by the end of April if i will be admitted or not.

RXist

10+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Wow, the end of April still?!! Thanks for letting me know....we'll just be in suspense for a while huh.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.