charlston class of 2011@jefferson place

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

memphis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it will be prudent to start a thread on the class of 2011 for those accepted and are going to chaleston in the fall to talk about issues like loans, accomodation and the area, and more importantantly the school itself. Any have any ideas? how much is the tuition for the 2007-2008 academic year?

Members don't see this ad.

I remember on the interview date they told us the tuition would be 24,080 for this comming year.
Are you from Charleston or you have to move there? because I have to move from Salt lake city,Utah to Charleston! Do you have any idea about apartment and areas in the town?

Hi Memphis and Sara,

Congratulations on your acceptance into University of Charleston, WV. I just sent in my acceptance forms and deposit to UCWV today. I joined SDN to find out who else got in and I'm glad I did. It's good to know that there are others on SDN that will be going out there. I'm excited but a little overwhelmed with apartment searching, locating movers and all the other yada yada stuff when reolcating.

How are you guys going about with relocating? and what places have you looked into regarding apartments out in Charleston. If you guys have any tips, or places in mind, keep me posted!

Congrats Again and here we go!!!

LMckenzie :oops:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, glad to see there's a few people on here that are going to Charleston this fall. Congrats to everyone!!

As far as housing...my hometown isn't to far from the Charleston area (hour & 1/2)... so I plan on going there on the weekends periodically to look for apartments. It'd be nice if the school kept a list of people looking for potential roommates instead of trying to find single apartments. At this point though, what's a little more debt... :laugh:.

Another question for you guys...

I know they reaffirmed not to worry about accreditation.... but are any of you nervous about the status of the school?

If you are going to look for suggestions as to where to get an apartment, I'd try this forum. It's basically a forum about relocating, getting jobs in new town, and crap like that. There are a bunch of people (me included) from the state that post on there and they will be able to give you some pretty good tips on the area. It's actually a damn good resource for anybody who is moving anywhere in the country. I've been using it to figure out where I want to move after I graduate. (Austin and Toronto sound good....)

Some parts of the town are kinda rough, so you might want to get some good advice before you decide on an apartment. But don't let that get you scared, it's an ok town.

I already sent in my application to "charleston medical center housing corporation" which is literally next to the school, also below is a link to one of the apt around the campus
http://www.roxalanahillsapt.com/

What kind of housing setup is that Charleston Medical Center Housing Corporation?

What kind of housing setup is that Charleston Medical Center Housing Corporation?

The charleston medical center housing is a walking distance to the pharmacy school, and next to the hospital, it is an apt complex primarily for medical students from morgantown who happen to do their residencies at charleston medical center. They have 1 to three bedroom apts.

Hi everybody,
I am so stressed out about moving and finding a job for my husband! because I heared there are not so many jobs over there and if he can't find a job I guess we have to live in the street:D (jk) :), I talked to the school and they told me any apartment close to the University of Charleston is good because the area is safe. I found this list online you can call them and ask about the rate and anything else: http://local.yahoo.com/wv/charleston/Real+Estate/Apartments/

BTW, memphis how did you send your application to "charleston medical center housing corporation"? is it an online application?

and coffmc03 don't worry about school accreditation , we will be fine. This pharmacy school is related to university of charleston which is a very old school and also the staff of pharmacy school seemed to be proffesional. So don't worry atall. Right now just think about moving, apartment, loans, and first semester!

Good Luck and Best Wishes :luck:

Good news! University of Charleston school pf pharmacy has been granted Candidacy Accreditation Status :):luck:

Has everyone all found a place to live yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
Has everyone all found a place to live yet??

The scary part is we have to rent before we see the place b/c it is not possible for us to go over there and then find the apartment. do you have any suggestion?

The scary part is we have to rent before we see the place b/c it is not possible for us to go over there and then find the apartment. do you have any suggestion?

I am renting from a place called salina village..it's a nice apartment but I believe they are full. The only other place that I saw that was decent was Chesterfield apartments..they are close to campus. I wouldn't suggest Kanawha Village...they were not very nice and had radiator heating and no air conditioning. A couple of more places I have heard of but didn't look at were mair village and jefferson place.

I am renting from a place called salina village..it's a nice apartment but I believe they are full. The only other place that I saw that was decent was Chesterfield apartments..they are close to campus. I wouldn't suggest Kanawha Village...they were not very nice and had radiator heating and no air conditioning. A couple of more places I have heard of but didn't look at were mair village and jefferson place.

I agree with Sarapary , Iam from maryland and its about 7hours drive to charleston , its not so easy to go back and forth, I do have housing secured in miaer village, paid the deposit, but havent seen the apartment, this lady was supposed to mail the leasing agreement to me since a month ago , and as at now am not sure she has mailed it, so I will be going to charleston on monday to sign a leasing contract which begins in july first. :scared:hahaa, i hope the apartment is not taken

A friend of mine looked at maier village and I believe he said it was a decent apartment...so it should be a safe bet. I have already looked at my apartment and pain the deposit...I get the key on Monday so I'm excited to start moving some stuff...of course I only live 2 hours away so that makes it easier...good luck memphis...hope you get your apartment!! :)

I agree with Sarapary , Iam from maryland and its about 7hours drive to charleston , its not so easy to go back and forth, I do have housing secured in miaer village, paid the deposit, but havent seen the apartment, this lady was supposed to mail the leasing agreement to me since a month ago , and as at now am not sure she has mailed it, so I will be going to charleston on monday to sign a leasing contract which begins in july first. :scared:hahaa, i hope the apartment is not taken

I finally got to charleston yesterday , went to the maier village leasing office and turned down the two bedrooom apt reserved for me after doing a walk through this morning, instead I got a cancellation from jefferson place for just a little more money but it was worth the price. Jeffereson place is spanking new and gorgeous! I drove 61/2 hrs but it was worth the drive!

I finally got to charleston yesterday , went to the maier village leasing office and turned down the two bedrooom apt reserved for me after doing a walk through this morning, instead I got a cancellation from jefferson place for just a little more money but it was worth the price. Jeffereson place is spanking new and gorgeous! I drove 61/2 hrs but it was worth the drive!

I went to Charleston today too! I signed my lease and paid my first months rent. School's almost here!!

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure how many of you are on face book but I went ahead created a face book Global group for Class of 2011. Nothing too serious but it gave me something to do as my countdown to relocating has begun. The group is a Global group and is under the name "University of Charleston Pharmacy Class of 2011"

Congrats again to everyone and I really look forward to meeting you all on August 13th :oops:)

:)Hi everyone...
i randomly came across this network when i was searching charleston posts and saw that you are all incoming members of the class of 2011. i wanted to welcome all of you. the class of 2010 is extremely excited to have a new students roaming the halls of the school of pharmacy. if anybody has any questions about life in charleston - please feel free to ask! i am from new jersey and lived in the dorm my first year, and now will be living in jefferson place (part of CAMC housing - the hospital next to the school of pharmacy). the housing options are limited around charleston if you're looking for a nice place. i picked jefferson because it is about a 5 min drive across the river and its brand new!

Congratulations to the class of 2011, I cant believe school is starting just next week ! For those of you who have settled already how is life in charleston? and how are you preparing?
I will be at jefferson place next week friday , how do you guys like the place? :thumbup:

Hi, we just moved 2 days ago from Utah, every room is full of boxes. I am trying to organize the stuff but it is impossible! Charleston is BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love it. Right now my main concern is finding job for my husband! otherwise I have to borrow loan to pay for rent. :eek:

Sorry, got Charleston confused with the MUSC pharmacy school in SC.

Hi, we just moved 2 days ago from Utah, every room is full of boxes. I am trying to organize the stuff but it is impossible! Charleston is BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love it. Right now my main concern is finding job for my husband! otherwise I have to borrow loan to pay for rent. :eek:

I can just imagine what you are going through, my room mate has moved in already, , Iam trying not to bring certain things he has brought that we can share together like furniture etc. Hey, talking about job ,I have a job interview at the CAMC hospital on friday, two hours after I move in. What does your husband do or what kind of job is he looking for?

:)Hi everyone...
i randomly came across this network when i was searching charleston posts and saw that you are all incoming members of the class of 2011. i wanted to welcome all of you. the class of 2010 is extremely excited to have a new students roaming the halls of the school of pharmacy. if anybody has any questions about life in charleston - please feel free to ask! i am from new jersey and lived in the dorm my first year, and now will be living in jefferson place (part of CAMC housing - the hospital next to the school of pharmacy). the housing options are limited around charleston if you're looking for a nice place. i picked jefferson because it is about a 5 min drive across the river and its brand new!

Hi gemmie19, Iam from maryland, will be moving in on friday ,Iam driving about 61/2 hours from baltimore to charleston, do I need to come earlier than friday considering school is starting on monday? I guess you guys are not coming untill the 20th right?

I can just imagine what you are going through, my room mate has moved in already, , Iam trying not to bring certain things he has brought that we can share together like furniture etc. Hey, talking about job ,I have a job interview at the CAMC hospital on friday, two hours after I move in. What does your husband do or what kind of job is he looking for?

His major is IT (Information Technology). He has an interview tomorrow for a job in a bank. the job is not related to computer but still helps us pay the rent! :)

Hey guys!! I'm not living at jefferson place but I have already moved most of my stuff in my apartment and will be staying for good on saturday! I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you guys!! See you monday!