Chart Shows Radiation Oncology Applicants At The Bottom In The 2022 Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2021Doctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1658354415292.png

Members don't see this ad.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
If only our leaders would realize the problem (our field being deep blue instead of red hot) is not that the numerator is too small, but rather that the denominator is too big.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Supply and demand

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
chairs are saying, do we smell meat? We got a bbq baby!

• Haha
Chairs and employers in general love excess supply. Wages fall.

well some of you guy’s boi, hallahan, said the quiet part out loud so we don’t have to wonder no mo’!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Chairs and employers in general love excess supply. Wages fall.
I would think eventually this will even hit the chairs. Why give a mil to a 65+ yr old who no longer sees patients and does Mediocre research when you have excess supply of people who matched in the golden era of residents and would be willing to do more rvu generating work for 50-60% of salary

I would think eventually this will even hit the chairs. Why give a mil to a 65+ yr old who no longer sees patients and does Mediocre research when you have excess supply of people who matched in the golden era of residents and would be willing to do more rvu generating work for 50-60% of salary
By the time this plays out they’ll be gone

Reactions: 4 users
Already happening.

Reactions: 3 users
Wally knew when to jump ship i guess

Even the brilliant Wally couldn’t save RO.
It must be the way debakey felt after he realized in the complex open **** he was doing could be done with a Cather guidewire and a dude without any surgical training.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Is today that magical day when we learn how many residency spots went unfilled in the main match?

I think so. It's weird that the further out I get the less I care at all.

Yea same. And to those who apply - it's not like they weren't given ample warning. It's really on them when they graduate and realize the mess they're in.

remember when spratt was on here agreeing with us? Opinions shift based on whose benefiting

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
remember when spratt was on here agreeing with us? Opinions shift based on whose benefiting
That dude said a lot of words but I’m not sure I could say he was for the cause.