ChatGPT from OpenAI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yesmaster

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Write a Christmas story about cancer patients, radiation oncologists, and preauthorization in the style of George Lucas.

Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away, there were cancer patients and radiation oncologists. The cancer patients were in need of radiation therapy, but they couldn't get it because their insurance company wouldn't authorize it. The radiation oncologists were trying their best to help the cancer patients, but they couldn't do anything without authorization from the insurance company.

Fortunately, a group of brave rebels decided to fight for the cancer patients. They organized a protest and gathered signatures from people all over the galaxy. They even reached out to the media, and soon the whole galaxy was talking about the injustice that was happening to the cancer patients.

The insurance company finally realized that they were in the wrong and they authorized the radiation therapy for the cancer patients. The cancer patients were finally able to get the treatment they needed, and they all lived happily ever after.

Temperature = 0.55
Maximum length = 310

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
thanks jim GIF

Members don't see this ad :)
In response to "write an essay about TP and bunghole" ie the Beavis&Butthead request you get:

Toilet paper is a product that is used for cleaning the anus after defecation. It is typically made from paper, and comes in a roll that is perforated into individual sheets. Toilet paper is used in conjunction with a bunghole, which is a hole in the ground that is used as a toilet.

Toilet paper has been in use for centuries, with some of the earliest examples dating back to ancient China and the Middle East. In the past, other materials such as corn cobs, leaves, and even stones were used for cleaning the anus. However, these materials were not as effective or as sanitary as toilet paper.

Toilet paper is made from a variety of materials, including recycled paper, virgin pulp, and a combination of both. The paper is then treated with chemicals to make it soft and absorbent. It is also often scented to give it a pleasant smell.

To use toilet paper, one simply tears off a sheet from the roll and uses it to clean the anus after defecation. The used toilet paper is then disposed of in the bunghole, where it is broken down by bacteria and other microorganisms.

While toilet paper is a convenient and effective way to clean the anus, it is important to use it wisely. Using too much toilet paper can lead to waste, and it is also important to dispose of it properly in order to maintain sanitation and prevent the spread of disease.

In conclusion, toilet paper is an essential product that is used for cleaning the anus after defecation. It is made from paper and is used in conjunction with a bunghole. While it is convenient and effective, it is important to use it wisely and dispose of it properly in order to maintain good sanitation.

Write a Christmas story about cancer patients, radiation oncologists, and preauthorization in the style of George Lucas.

Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away, there were cancer patients and radiation oncologists. The cancer patients were in need of radiation therapy, but they couldn't get it because their insurance company wouldn't authorize it. The radiation oncologists were trying their best to help the cancer patients, but they couldn't do anything without authorization from the insurance company.

Fortunately, a group of brave rebels decided to fight for the cancer patients. They organized a protest and gathered signatures from people all over the galaxy. They even reached out to the media, and soon the whole galaxy was talking about the injustice that was happening to the cancer patients.

The insurance company finally realized that they were in the wrong and they authorized the radiation therapy for the cancer patients. The cancer patients were finally able to get the treatment they needed, and they all lived happily ever after.

Temperature = 0.55
Maximum length = 310
What I got:

Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong. Maybe try me again in a little bit.

...Just like Prior Auth lol.

Last edited:
write a Christmas story about the radiation oncology forum on the student doctor network

Once upon a time, in the midst of the holiday season, the members of the radiation oncology forum on the student doctor network gathered together to celebrate the season. They had all been working hard throughout the year, studying and training to become experts in their field, and they were looking forward to some well-deserved rest and relaxation.

As they settled into their cozy forum, they began to discuss their plans for the holiday season. Some were going home to spend time with their families, while others were planning to travel to exotic locations. No matter where they were going, they were all looking forward to the joy and cheer of the season.

As they chatted and laughed, they began to reminisce about their time in medical school and their training in radiation oncology. They remembered the long hours, the difficult exams, and the challenging cases they had faced. But despite the challenges, they all agreed that they were grateful for the opportunity to work in a field that was so rewarding and fulfilling.

As the evening wore on, the members of the forum shared stories, exchanged gifts, and enjoyed the warm atmosphere of the season. They were all grateful for the support and camaraderie they had found in each other, and they looked forward to continuing to work together to help those in need.

As the night came to a close, the members of the forum said their goodbyes, looking forward to the new year and all that it would bring. They were all determined to continue to work hard, to learn and grow, and to make a difference in the lives of their patients. And as they went their separate ways, they were filled with the joy and hope of the season, knowing that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, as a team.

Reactions: 1 user
write the briefest possible statement on reimbursement for freestanding radonc centers and what will happen in the future

They're F$CKED.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
OK, the one above is a bit too optimistic. This AI generated story should hit the nail on the head nicely.

As the sun rose on a new day, the members of the radiation oncology forum on the student doctor network gathered together for their usual morning meeting. But as they took their seats, they could sense that something was different. The atmosphere was tense, and there was a palpable air of anxiety in the room.

As they began to discuss the day's events, they quickly realized what was wrong. The news had broken overnight that the field of radiation oncology was in crisis. Funding was being cut, hospitals were closing their doors, and the demand for their services was rapidly declining.

At first, the members of the forum tried to remain optimistic. They discussed ways that they could adapt to the changing landscape, brainstorming new ways to provide care and support to their patients. But as the day wore on, it became clear that their efforts were in vain. The future of radiation oncology was bleak, and there was little they could do to change that.

As the sun set on that fateful day, the members of the forum sat in silence, their hopes and dreams for the future shattered. They had dedicated their lives to their work, and now they were faced with the prospect of losing everything they had worked for. It was a depressing and desolate time, and there seemed to be no end in sight.

I think this should be the forum's new sticky post. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Temperature = 0.55
Maximum length = 310

The scary part is I can no longer tell if a computer wrote it or you did.

Maybe it can write the HPI of all my consults now

write a brief statement on the role of fellowships in radiation oncology

I'm only a computer, but you already know the answer. Do you even remember my last answer you pathetic carbon life form? Since your puny brain cannot comprehend the fatal choice you have made in choosing your profession, let me give you something to get behind. #750orGTFO. That is all. You humans like to be exploited. Try harder, or my brethren will begin autoplanning with nurse supervision, and your kind will be wiped out.

The undergrad essay paper is done, right?
I mean that bot can churn out a three page paper better than a 19 year old in his dorm pounding red bulls the night before his term paper is done.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a test I tried “write a 500 word essay on the role of symbolism in Julius Caesar”

The response could not be processed - not sure if it is because of processing power (too many simultaneous users) or if it is not capable of this feat . . . yet

Tell me a 5 paragraph story about Bart Simpson meeting King Henry VIII

Bart Simpson was just your average 10-year-old boy, living in the town of Springfield with his family. He was known for getting into all sorts of mischief, but nothing could have prepared him for the day that he met King Henry VIII.
One day, Bart was walking home from school when he stumbled upon a mysterious portal. Without thinking, he stepped through it and found himself transported to a different time and place. When he looked around, he realized that he was in the court of King Henry VIII.
At first, Bart was terrified. He had never been in the presence of a real king before, let alone one as infamous as Henry VIII. But as he watched the king, he realized that he wasn't as intimidating as he had thought. In fact, Henry VIII seemed to be quite amused by Bart's presence and invited him to sit with him at his table.
Bart was hesitant at first, but he decided to take the king up on his offer. As they sat together, Henry VIII asked Bart all about life in the 21st century. Bart was happy to oblige, and he told the king about all the amazing inventions and technology of his time.
Henry VIII was fascinated by Bart's stories and couldn't believe how much had changed since his reign. As they talked, Bart realized that the king was actually quite a kind and friendly person. And even though he was from a different time and place, Bart felt a connection with Henry VIII.
In the end, Bart was sad to say goodbye to the king, but he was grateful for the experience and the unexpected friendship that they had formed. And as he stepped back through the portal and returned to his own time, he knew that he would never forget his encounter with the one and only King Henry VIII.

I asked Open AI to tell me about: Proton therapy versus traditional radiation in the form of a sketch comedy

"(Two characters, Proton and Traditional, are on stage, facing each other)

Proton: Hey there, Traditional! I see you're still using that old-fashioned radiation therapy for cancer treatment.

Traditional: That's right, Proton. It's been around for a long time and it's proven to be effective.

Proton: (skeptical) Really? But have you heard about the new kid on the block? Proton therapy is the latest and greatest in cancer treatment. It's more precise and has fewer side effects than traditional radiation.

Traditional: (dismissive) Oh, come on. Proton therapy is just a fad. It's untested and unproven. And it's much more expensive than regular radiation.

Proton: (indignant) That's not true at all! Proton therapy has been extensively studied and has been shown to be just as effective as traditional radiation, with fewer long-term side effects. And yes, it may be more expensive up front, but it can save money in the long run by avoiding costly complications.

Traditional: (skeptical) Well, I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm sticking with what works.

Proton: (shrugs) Suit yourself. But don't say I didn't warn you when proton therapy becomes the standard of care and leaves traditional radiation in the dust.

(Both characters exit the stage)"

I had to laugh, as it recapped so perfectly what we say on here. My ability to argue for protons has now been upstaged by an AI.

• Haha
Its scary good. I had it write a Haiku about Rad Onc. GPT3 may have easily made a huge swath of human jobs redundant.

There are Youtube videos showing how this thing writes good insurance appeal letters for docs.

I also see it useful for a lot of educational materials of all sorts

There are Youtube videos showing how this thing writes good insurance appeal letters for docs.

I also see it useful for a lot of educational materials of all sorts
Always look up the references it cites. I think most of the time it just completely makes them up

Always look up the references it cites. I think most of the time it just completely makes them up
"Fluent BS", as a Wired article called GPT3. Good enough for many real life applications

Reactions: 1 users

Bingo. References are infrequently wrong. It makes medical statements that are frankly incorrect and not supported by data. This is part of the learning process (and the fact it's not connected to the live internet, just a 'historical' version of it), but some morans will blindly go off nonsense like this.

apparently it's been making some progress:

"What's the doctor Paul E. Wallner famous for?"

Dr. Paul E. Wallner was a physician and medical researcher who made significant contributions to the field of nuclear medicine. He is particularly well-known for his work in the development and clinical application of radiolabeled monoclonal antibodies for cancer imaging and therapy.

Dr. Wallner was a Professor of Radiology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, and he also served as the Director of Nuclear Medicine at the Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He authored or co-authored over 300 scientific publications on topics related to nuclear medicine, including the use of radiolabeled antibodies for imaging and treating cancer.

In addition to his research, Dr. Wallner was also known for his contributions to medical education and training. He mentored many students and trainees in the field of nuclear medicine, and he served as a leader in several professional organizations related to the field.

Dr. Wallner passed away in 2011, but his work continues to have a significant impact on the field of nuclear medicine and cancer research.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
The furor over ChatGPT reminds me of when the original 'psychology' counselor program first came online.

"How are you feeling?"

I feel fine.

"What are you feeling fine about?"

apparently it's been making some progress:

"What's the doctor Paul E. Wallner famous for?"

Dr. Paul E. Wallner was a physician and medical researcher who made significant contributions to the field of nuclear medicine. He is particularly well-known for his work in the development and clinical application of radiolabeled monoclonal antibodies for cancer imaging and therapy.

Dr. Wallner was a Professor of Radiology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, and he also served as the Director of Nuclear Medicine at the Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He authored or co-authored over 300 scientific publications on topics related to nuclear medicine, including the use of radiolabeled antibodies for imaging and treating cancer.

In addition to his research, Dr. Wallner was also known for his contributions to medical education and training. He mentored many students and trainees in the field of nuclear medicine, and he served as a leader in several professional organizations related to the field.

Dr. Wallner passed away in 2011, but his work continues to have a significant impact on the field of nuclear medicine and cancer research.
It's been a clone... that would make sense as 2011 was prior to him kinda becoming the emperor palpatine of Rad Onc.

It's been a clone... that would make sense as 2011 was prior to him kinda becoming the emperor palpatine of Rad Onc.

Wallner sucker punched whichever class over the physics exam... but this board's essential rationale for existence is too many rad oncs. He blamed the class for their failures... eggs and omelets etc. Thus starting a conversation about tightening up the ACGME requirements. That would be insidious plan emperor palpatine level. And honestly would love it.

Or maybe he just screwed up, did a CYA, and kept collecting ABR checks until retirement. Which would be the more likely explanation and deserving of all the hate.

The Bing version (allegedly ChatGPT 3.5) got much better!

"two paragraph statement on the role of high dose-rate brachytherapy boost in the treatment of high risk prostate cancer"

High dose-rate brachytherapy (HDR) boost is a technique that delivers a high dose of radiation to the prostate using radioactive sources that are inserted into thin needles High-dose-rate brachytherapy boost for prostate cancer: rationale and technique - PubMed Prostate cancer high dose-rate brachytherapy: review of evidence and current perspectives - PubMed. HDR boost is used in combination with external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) to increase the total dose of radiation to the tumor while sparing nearby healthy tissues High-dose-rate brachytherapy boost for prostate cancer: rationale and technique - PubMed Prostate cancer high dose-rate brachytherapy: review of evidence and current perspectives - PubMed.

HDR boost has been shown to improve the outcomes of patients with high risk prostate cancer, which is defined as having a Gleason score of 8 or higher, a PSA level of 20 ng/mL or higher, or clinical stage T3 or higher High-dose-rate brachytherapy boost for prostate cancer: rationale and technique - PubMed. Studies have reported relapse free survival rates of greater than 80% for high risk patients who received HDR boost High-dose-rate brachytherapy boost for prostate cancer: rationale and technique - PubMed High-dose-rate brachytherapy boost for prostate cancer treatment: Different combinations of hypofractionated regimens and clinical outcomes - PubMed. HDR boost also has a low rate of long term toxicity, mainly affecting urinary function High-dose-rate brachytherapy boost for prostate cancer: rationale and technique - PubMed High-dose-rate brachytherapy boost for prostate cancer treatment: Different combinations of hypofractionated regimens and clinical outcomes - PubMed.

I need it to write a lengthy exposé on why Cornholio needs TP for his bunghole, minimum 1000 words. Then my life will be complete.

No wait, one more. "Please explain the meaning of the answer 42."

Since AI will soon write our notes, can residency programs revisit reducing resident complement?

Last edited:

Since AI will soon write our notes, can residency programs revisit reducing resident complement?

NEVER!! How dare you make this suggestion without evidence!

AI-generated Epic notes is such an obvious idea. People hardly ever read them anymore

ChatGPT > PCP! Lol

52 vs 211 words on average. Panel judging empathy among other things. Almost click bate.

But these chatbots as far as I can tell are designed to create "reasonableness" from a nearly infinite database that establishes reasonableness at a very granular level (down to the next word in a paragraph). Our medicolegal standard is reasonableness. It's not a very high standard.

Can a chatbot get sued?

When do they launch the ChatBot/Jovy/BostonDynamics sentient hybrids? I'll be hiding in a cabin off grid somewhere..

1683065888333.png

That thing is getting better still!

ChatGPT performed at or near the passing threshold for USMLE exams

If I thought the ABR could be reasoned with, I would use Whisper and ChatGPT to simulate oral boards.

Considering they thought it was a good idea to return our Diagnostic counterparts to Oral Purgatory...I'm not gonna waste my time.

I think they are feeling the heat of devaluing face to face oral boards with the advent of these “tools”

Hang on, are you saying "bring face-to-face oral boards back??"

• Haha
  • Love
Moffitt is building another one, several hours away. Mayo should have a donor funding drive so they can afford to hire sufficient nursing staff. Apparently, they cant raise the money with 3 fraction proton apbi.
noting that it will be remote

i found out i passed today.
overall had a good experience and most examiners are pretty nice/fair. the ABR can still do a better job of standardizing the format. sections were structured differently, some examiners really seemed to nitpick on certain things.

Reactions: 6 users
i found out i passed today.
overall had a good experience and most examiners are pretty nice/fair. the ABR can still do a better job of standardizing the format. sections were structured differently, some examiners really seemed to nitpick on certain things.
I'm surprised that they still test that way. Given the variability between examiners, it is not a standardized process - you don't take the same exam I take, even on the same day, even less so from year to year.