Chatham University DPT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTstud6

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently received an invitation for an interview at Chatham University in Pittsburgh coming up in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone else on here will be attending? Additionally, if anyone has any information regarding the interview and the best way to prepare for it that would be greatly appreciated! Hope to see some of you in a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have also received an interview invitation for Chatham University! However, I do not know much about the interview other than the vague "the interview day will consist of a welcome, personal interview, written interview, introduction to problem-based learning, and opportunities to speak with current students, alumni and faculty" synopsis mentioned in the email. I'm interested in any tips/advice as well though! Can't wait!

I got an invitation last night for November 11. Like amlope03, that's all the information that I received.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an invite to Chatham's interview day! I have heard that the interview is very professional and businesslike, as they try not to show much of a response when answers are given to their interview questions. I'm interested to see all that the day will entail.

It's almost here! Who has butterflies?

Reactions: 1 user
Are any of you going to Pittsburg Friday night? If so, would you like to meet up for dinner?

Hey guys! Are any of you going to be in the afternoon interview section at 1pm? This is my first interview so I'm excited yet nervous!!

Hey guys! Are any of you going to be in the afternoon interview section at 1pm? This is my first interview so I'm excited yet nervous!!
I'll be there! Its my first as well.

Good luck everyone! We've got this! :)

Well, how do you guys feel about the interview? I was in the morning session. I thought it went pretty smoothly and was about what I was expecting. The verbal interview was more laid back than I originally thought it would be, though.

I actually liked the school more than I thought I would! I also thought the process was a lot more laid back than the other interview I had.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really liked the school/program. Hopefully we'll hear some good news come Thanksgiving!

I actually liked the school more than I thought I would! I also thought the process was a lot more laid back than the other interview I had.

I really liked the school/program. Hopefully we'll hear some good news come Thanksgiving!

You all want to start a PM convo? I met quite a few of the applicants yesterday. I'm curious if I met either of you!

I didn't think the interview was too bad either! The faculty member that I had made the interview feel really laid back which helped my nerves. I liked the school more than I was expecting as well, the PBL really intrigued me! Hopefully we all hear some good news in the coming weeks :)

I also interviewed at Chatham last Saturday and really liked the program! Hopefully we will all hear back soon! They said before Thanksgiving for the first round... so maybe this Wednesday!

Has anyone heard/gotten anything?

Last edited:
Just got an email that I'd receive a decision by late January. I'm assuming others got acceptances though. Congrats to those that got in!

Interesting. What time did they email you?

Just got an email that I'd receive a decision by late January. I'm assuming others got acceptances though. Congrats to those that got in!
I got the same email. I'm bummed, but will stay positive. Congrats to those who were accepted!

I too received the email about hearing back in January. Try to stay positive!

I have not heard anything :/ so I guess the wait continues!

I also received the same email...I'm guessing this means waitlist?

I haven't heard anything either.

I received an acceptance email this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
Ahh, looks like they're going out today!

haven't heard anything yet either... this wait is painful haha

I’m sweating this one out, still no word yet...

Just got my email of acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
just got my email of acceptance as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone! I was accepted too! Are you all going to decide to go to Chatham?

I'm waiting to hear back from a few schools, but I'm definitely considering Chatham as a serious option!

Congrats everyone! I was accepted too! Are you all going to decide to go to Chatham?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to Chatham. I was accepted to a few other programs but I am from Pittsburgh and I want to stay close.

Still waiting to hear back from places, but ya its def a top choice for me!
Only thing that is holding me back is how small the school as a whole is. Went to a small school for undergrad and would rather prefer a bigger school.

Hey guys!

It was a really hard decision, but I have decided to put down my deposit somewhere else. I hope this opens a spot for one of you!!

Hey guys!

It was a really hard decision, but I have decided to put down my deposit somewhere else. I hope this opens a spot for one of you!!
Hi Amlope! I'm pretty sure that we were actually at the same interview. If you don't mind my asking, where did you decide to go? Congrats and good luck to you!

Hi Amlope! I'm pretty sure that we were actually at the same interview. If you don't mind my asking, where did you decide to go? Congrats and good luck to you!

Same interview as in actually interviewed together haha?? As of now, I have decided to attend Youngstown State University, however, I'm still waiting to hear back from University of Kentucky (my state school). Thank you and good luck to you as well!!

Same interview as in actually interviewed together haha?? As of now, I have decided to attend Youngstown State University, however, I'm still waiting to hear back from University of Kentucky (my state school). Thank you and good luck to you as well!!
Ha, not the same actual interview, but I think we sat next to each other at breakfast! Congrats once again!

I was at the interview at Chatham back in November and supposed to be hearing back from them this month! I see you are waiting to hear back from UK. I am waiting to hear back from them as well!! Have you gotten any emails ??
Congrats on the other acceptances!!!

I was at the interview at Chatham back in November and supposed to be hearing back from them this month! I see you are waiting to hear back from UK. I am waiting to hear back from them as well!! Have you gotten any emails ??
Congrats on the other acceptances!!!

Hopefully you get an acceptance! I have not heard anything from UK yet, but I'm sure they'll send out invites soon. Thank you!

Anyone heard anything back from Chatham that was told they would find out it January??

Anyone heard anything back from Chatham that was told they would find out it January??
Still waiting, I guess they said around January 22nd they would let us know.