Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Cheap state schools in GA and/or CA

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by PharmChem, Jul 26, 2006.

1. PharmChem

PharmChem Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

I'm looking into going to pharm school as a second carrier change. By the time I finish my pre-reqs, I'll be 35, with a dependent plus living with rheumatoid arthritis. Are there any cheap schools in warm Southern CA or Georgia that I could add to my list, which currently only has U of AZ?
    Alternatively, cheap schools in any place that's warm throughout the year would be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cwindo

cwindo Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    University of Georgia is cheap if you are paying in-state tuition. Competition is high cause that's the only state/public pharmacy school in the state. And they do prefer in-state students. You can check out schools in Texas too...I'm sure it's pretty warm out there. Where do you live right now?

4. PharmChem

PharmChem Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Thanks for the info on Texas and GA. I plan to apply for the 2008 year, so I do have a bit of time to move and live in a different state. I currently live in Reno NV and we do not have any state pharmacy schools in NV. USN is too expensive, plus all my loans would have to be private = higher interest rates.

5. rxlynn

rxlynn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Be sure to do the FAFSA the first year anyway and apply to your school for financial aid. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I qualified for quite a lot of government loan that I wasn't expecting, because the schools figure not only tuition costs, but also miscellaneous costs (think computer, school supplies, etc.) as well as travel costs and living costs. That meant that the total estimated cost for a year at my school was around $45K, so that changed my eligibility a bit.