Cheap state schools in GA and/or CA

Started by PharmChem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmChem

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking into going to pharm school as a second carrier change. By the time I finish my pre-reqs, I'll be 35, with a dependent plus living with rheumatoid arthritis. Are there any cheap schools in warm Southern CA or Georgia that I could add to my list, which currently only has U of AZ?
Alternatively, cheap schools in any place that's warm throughout the year would be appreciated.
 
PharmChem said:
I'm looking into going to pharm school as a second carrier change. By the time I finish my pre-reqs, I'll be 35, with a dependent plus living with rheumatoid arthritis. Are there any cheap schools in warm Southern CA or Georgia that I could add to my list, which currently only has U of AZ?
Alternatively, cheap schools in any place that's warm throughout the year would be appreciated.

University of Georgia is cheap if you are paying in-state tuition. Competition is high cause that's the only state/public pharmacy school in the state. And they do prefer in-state students. You can check out schools in Texas too...I'm sure it's pretty warm out there. Where do you live right now?
 
cwindo said:
University of Georgia is cheap if you are paying in-state tuition. Competition is high cause that's the only state/public pharmacy school in the state. And they do prefer in-state students. You can check out schools in Texas too...I'm sure it's pretty warm out there. Where do you live right now?

Thanks for the info on Texas and GA. I plan to apply for the 2008 year, so I do have a bit of time to move and live in a different state. I currently live in Reno NV and we do not have any state pharmacy schools in NV. USN is too expensive, plus all my loans would have to be private = higher interest rates.
 
PharmChem said:
Thanks for the info on Texas and GA. I plan to apply for the 2008 year, so I do have a bit of time to move and live in a different state. I currently live in Reno NV and we do not have any state pharmacy schools in NV. USN is too expensive, plus all my loans would have to be private = higher interest rates.
Be sure to do the FAFSA the first year anyway and apply to your school for financial aid. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I qualified for quite a lot of government loan that I wasn't expecting, because the schools figure not only tuition costs, but also miscellaneous costs (think computer, school supplies, etc.) as well as travel costs and living costs. That meant that the total estimated cost for a year at my school was around $45K, so that changed my eligibility a bit.