Cheating!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not if the material is provided by the professor. If its not provided by the professor, but is readily available to a large portion of the class, then it also is not cheating. However, if only about 1 or 2% of the class has access to the old exams - then they are cheating.

Members don't see this ad.

Not if the material is provided by the professor. If its not provided by the professor, but is readily available to a large portion of the class, then it also is not cheating. However, if only about 1 or 2% of the class has access to the old exams - then they are cheating.

That isn't very logical.

I have never seen anyone cheat in my class. Nor do I have reason to believe that anyone has. The people who get good grades usually study quite a bit. The ones who do not either do not study enough or do not mesh well with the instructor or material.

What do you guys think about cheating in which both students have studied very hard, but just check ans. with each other on test day? I don't think that situation has been considered yet....

What do you guys think about cheating in which both students have studied very hard, but just check ans. with each other on test day? I don't think that situation has been considered yet....

Isn't testing your own personal knowledge of the subject what an exam is really about. I think what you mentioned above would still be cheating.

I've seen people cheat before. In my physics class, a girl sitting on an aisle seat set her large purse/bag beside her and had her textbook laying just right for easy access. A couple of times during the exam, she reached down and flipped her book open and took a long look, then proceeded on with the test.

This past week, a couple of nursing students in my anatomy class had a scheduling conflict on an upcoming exam, so our professor told them they could take the anatomy exam the following day. These two girls approached me and said they would "give me whatever" in return for a list of questions that were on the test. Med school or nurses...hmmm. I picked med school.