Check out my new Scrubs!!

Started by ZpackSux
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With Auburn and GA down..it's getting more interesting.

I still think Michigan can take OSU...

If SC can go undefeated (hard task with ND, Cal, and Ducks remaining), I would love to see SC vs WV. If that happens and WV wins, I'll wear WV scrubs for a year... not everyday but at least once a month.
 
I still think Michigan can take OSU...

Yeah right!!!! 😱

I have a question of you all: I have Michigan vs OSU tickets (I go to school here) and myself and 3 others are thinking about selling our tickets. What amount would you sell your ticket for?
 
Yeah right!!!! 😱

I have a question of you all: I have Michigan vs OSU tickets (I go to school here) and myself and 3 others are thinking about selling our tickets. What amount would you sell your ticket for?

Look on ebay to see what other tix for that game are going for.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah right!!!! 😱

I have a question of you all: I have Michigan vs OSU tickets (I go to school here) and myself and 3 others are thinking about selling our tickets. What amount would you sell your ticket for?

Isn't that called Scalping..and illegal?

If they're both undefeated and if your ticket is good... I would sell it for as much as you can get.
 
Isn't that called Scalping..and illegal?

If they're both undefeated and if your ticket is good... I would sell it for as much as you can get.

Yes, but there are ways to sell your ticket for more than face value that are still legal. Maybe not "ethical", but legal.
 
LOL I had no idea it was illegal. Wow, how much trouble can you get in? And... how do so many other people get away with it?
 
In Texas, the BOP does a criminal background check before issuing pharmacist license.

Can't imagine you'll get in trouble scalping tix.
 
With Auburn and GA down..it's getting more interesting.

I still think Michigan can take OSU...

If SC can go undefeated (hard task with ND, Cal, and Ducks remaining), I would love to see SC vs WV. If that happens and WV wins, I'll wear WV scrubs for a year... not everyday but at least once a month.

The SEC revealed to me yesterday that the emperor has no clothes. They don't scare me at all, but the media perception of the conference scares me.

Michigan will beat OSU.

If WVU plays USC in a bowl, I have absolutely no idea what would happen. None. I've seen USC play, I've obviously seen WVU play. It's like two completely different football concepts. I'd love to see USC's over aggressive D try to stop the misdirection-filled Read Option. It would be like trying to train a pitbull not to eat a steak in practice.
 
LOL I had no idea it was illegal. Wow, how much trouble can you get in? And... how do so many other people get away with it?

Not sure how much trouble you'd be in. Scalping tickets outside of the stadium or what not is pretty much illegal everywhere. Really, scalping tickets at all is illegal everywhere. The people that do it at the stadium are commiting a crime if they sell it for more than face value.

The way people get around that is by selling tickets on ebay. Then you can sell your ticket for face value, and a "commemorative envelope" thats worth $500!!! That way you're auctioning off an envelope, and it comes with your tickets at face value. Sneaky, but if you do this you aren't really scalping your ticket.
 
Ticket scalping is legal in West Virginia.

Then again, what isn't?

I repeal my previous post and change "everywhere" to "everywhere that isn't West Virginia."

Really, I'm not sure where it's legal and where it isn't, but the ebay trick works anywhere.
 
It is?!?! Hawt Damn!

June 20, 1863. A group a crazy ass hill people told the confederates in Virginia to go $%&^ themselves and joined the union. The same crazy ass people remain today.
yeah, but isn't it technically West Virginia By God!?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, no, West "by God" Virginia. It is due to dinguses replying "I've got a cousin in Richmond" when I tell them I'm from West Virginia.

I thought so, just couldn't remember the exact phrasing. They used to ask me about coal mines when I said I worked in VA. "You must know alot about mining then eh?" "er no, but I know a little bit about VMI" lol
 
SEC?? For that I smite you...South Florida is going to ruin your year. I command it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, and they'd kick the living snot out of the majority of Pac-10 teams.

Sagarin is one of the few objective ranking we can look at. He has Rutgers at #35. And as of Oct 8, Pac-10 leads the Conference ranking. Everything else is a perception and the perception of Pac-10 being a weak conference is that by the time Pac-10 airs on Saturday, the rest of the country is too drunk to watch them play.

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm
 
Look at the strength of schedule. WV's is 110. nice and easy. The Big Easy SS ranges from 59 to 144. Pac-10 ranges from #1 to #55.
 
Sagarin is one of the few objective ranking we can look at. He has Rutgers at #35. And as of Oct 8, Pac-10 leads the Conference ranking. Everything else is a perception and the perception of Pac-10 being a weak conference is that by the time Pac-10 airs on Saturday, the rest of the country is too drunk to watch them play.

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

Sagarin isn't objective. It's impossible for a computer program to be objective.

If computer rankings were truely "objective", then there would only be one computer ranking. There are 6 in the BCS, and each is different. Each programer subjectively decided what criteria was the most important in the ranking.

Heck, I can play the conference ranking game, too:

http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html

Look, the Big East is #1 in conference ranking. A computer poll, used in the BCS formula.

All of this computer mumbo jumbo doesn't matter. It is a fancy facade they through at the public to make the BCS somehow look justified.

The bottom line is that I've seen Rutgers play and I've seen a number of Pac-10 team play (*GASP*, your anti-West Coast conspiracy may be flawed). The only team Rutgers couldn't beat is USC. Washington and Cal would be close. In fact Washington and Rutgers are very similar programs. New coach, tons of excitement, up and coming. Rutgers would roll the rest of the conference.
 

Who, incidently, were the demise of Auburn. So, history would dictate that the next team AR faces will beat them. Beat a great team, lose to mediocrity. That's how the Pigs play.
SE Missouri State, you have a legacy to fulfill.
 
Who, incidently, were the demise of Auburn. So, history would dictate that the next team AR faces will beat them. Beat a great team, lose to mediocrity. That's how the Pigs play.
SE Missouri State, you have a legacy to fulfill.

I don't know. Gus & Mustain must be coming into their own. Maybe HDN has backed off and letting Gus run the show. Arkansas today is definitely not the same team USC played earlier.
 
I don't know. Gus & Mustain must be coming into their own. Maybe HDN has backed off and letting Gus run the show. Arkansas today is definitely not the same team USC played earlier.

I would say that Nutt has backed off and let Mahlzan do his stuff. Mustain, should he avoid injury, may be looking at Heisman candidacy in 2010.
 
I would say that Nutt has backed off and let Mahlzan do his stuff. Mustain, should he avoid injury, may be looking at Heisman candidacy in 2010.


Ok...that's the kinda stuff that drives me nutz about Arkansas Fans...like Randy Rainwater... and the rest.

Mustain is good. But, touting Heisman for 2010 is premature...c'mon now.
 
Ok...that's the kinda stuff that drives me nutz about Arkansas Fans...like Randy Rainwater... and the rest.

Mustain is good. But, touting Heisman for 2010 is premature...c'mon now.

Not a Razorback fan here. Sorry to disappoint. I enjoy Big 12 football (which includes the Whorns and I'm from Missouri) and PAC-10 football. I only go to the school that likes to associate themselves with the Razorbacks, so that is all I hear. My bad.
 
Not sure how much trouble you'd be in. Scalping tickets outside of the stadium or what not is pretty much illegal everywhere. Really, scalping tickets at all is illegal everywhere. The people that do it at the stadium are commiting a crime if they sell it for more than face value.

The way people get around that is by selling tickets on ebay. Then you can sell your ticket for face value, and a "commemorative envelope" thats worth $500!!! That way you're auctioning off an envelope, and it comes with your tickets at face value. Sneaky, but if you do this you aren't really scalping your ticket.


It's actaully legal in FL now as of late last year. So now I can pay $500 for a ticket that should only be $50. Yay.
 
I'm surprised all the gators are keeping quiet in here. We're actually still undefeated! I can't wait to beat GA on the 28th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think FL will beat GA but it's Auburn I'm worried about. After last week they'll be on a rampage.
 
I'm a Gator fan and soon to be Gator. I am just thumping the Bulls drum because we don't play WVU.

1. Auburn is going to be a great game (the only one I am worried about).
2. Georgia will solidify our place in the SEC.
3. I can't wait to see Tebow run over Spurrier.
4. Spanking State is a no brainer this year.
 
I'm a little worried about Auburn, too. They are going to be really pissed. I'm sure they were looking past Arkansas to the upcoming game with the Gators.

I believe no team has every won the national basketball championship and the national football championship in the same year. I don't think the football team will go all the way. I think they said on TV that it's been 50 years since a team won with one sport and finished top 5 in the other. That should give them bragging rights for the rest of the millenium.
 
I'm a little worried about Auburn, too. They are going to be really pissed. I'm sure they were looking past Arkansas to the upcoming game with the Gators.

I believe no team has every won the national basketball championship and the national football championship in the same year. I don't think the football team will go all the way. I think they said on TV that it's been 50 years since a team won with one sport and finished top 5 in the other. That should give them bragging rights for the rest of the millenium.

I think it was done once a long long time ago. I was only half paying attention to sportscenter at the time. Anyway, I would LOVE to see FL do it!