Check out this BS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikkai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Check out this BS

MSNBC article on therapeutic substitution

And you know MSNBC is always right, because of Lehman Brothers... err.. I mean Bear Stearns... whoops, I mean AIG... oh man.... TARP for GM? :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

That woman in the article probably would have had a seizure, anyway. From time to time, people need medications altered intrinsically. And, by statistical chance, sometimes that happens during the period of time a generic sub is made. And, naturally, the generic sub is blamed...even though it is usually an instant release drug that is measured to an exacting accuracy at various major pharmaceutical companies.

If the drug was Tegretol IR...I call bull**** on it being the drug's fault. Perhaps there should be a study done comparing those who were stable on the brand and the rates at which they have episodes.

Sure...MSNBC doesn't know any better...but they are going off of nothing more than anecdotal evidence and will negatively affect healthcare if people actually take this seriously.

Jesus H Christ...watch the video...:rolleyes:

A whole bunch of clueless physicians going off of strictly anecdotal evidence. Absolutely ridiculous.

Do a study or STFU.

Completely worthless article.

Therapeutic substitution is similar but with one crucial distinction: The new drug is in the same class as the old and treats the same condition, but it's not precisely the same medication.

Please someone tell me what state allows THERAPEUTIC substituition without calling the Doctor. None that I know of or have heard of. The article does not give any examples of states that allow this.

Written by a complete idiot. Being a journalist these days is kind of like being a weatherman. You are never right nor does anyone expect you to be..