Chem Labs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dapmp91

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:eek: hi guys, i need your advice, i do really bad at chem labs, but at the class i do great, so when i take organic, do u guys think its a good idea to not take the lab with the class but take it later, like in the summer? also i heard physics based calculus is useless for the MCAT because you dont have enough time to derive the equations,,your thougts are pricl :eek: ess

Members don't see this ad.

dapmp91 said:
:eek: hi guys, i need your advice, i do really bad at chem labs, but at the class i do great, so when i take organic, do u guys think its a good idea to not take the lab with the class but take it later, like in the summer? also i heard physics based calculus is useless for the MCAT because you dont have enough time to derive the equations,,your thougts are pricl :eek: ess

Take the labs with the class, and any physics (with or without calc) is adequate to do well on the MCAT.

dapmp91 said:
physics based calculus
:p

Yeah there aren't any advantages to calc based physics over algebra based MCAT-wise. In life algebra-based is might be tons easier depending on your school... At mine, calc-based is a weed-out class for engineering students.

Members don't see this ad :)
take the labs w/ the class. you might forget some of the theory behind what you are doing if you push off the labs until later. speaking from real world experience, labs are actually much much more important than the lecture. Organic chem lectures are pretty much worthless, except for learning about mass spec and NMR, as no one in the real world does any of the organic chem taught in O chem I and II.

dapmp91 said:

try to prepare as much as possible before lab. if you are organized, it helps big-time. trust me, i learned this the hard way.

sparky