Prereq problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BadDayMan

Reaction score
TL;DR; I enrolled in an online Gen Chem 1 lecture & lab because I wasn’t able to attend. University advisors keep me waiting and then say they won’t accept it as a Gen Chem 2 prereq a month after I asked them.

I’m disappointed right now. I enrolled in Gen Chem 1 at UC Extension because I was already taking a large load of engineering courses at my university. I asked my advisor two weeks before the online course began if it would be accepted or not. They kept me waiting from March 15th to now.

Every third day I’ll ask, “how is the inquiry going” and received a stalling answer. Now, today on April 24th I’m told it won’t be accepted. So I’ve doled out $900 for a course (although it’s a delightful class and the labs are engaging) that won’t be accepted as a prereq at my university.

What are my options guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Just take Chem 2 at the same university you took Chem 1 at.

Just for the record though, a traditional student taking their pre reqs at an online school is not looked at positively by adcoms.

Reactions: 2 users
Just take Chem 2 at the same university you took Chem 1 at.

Just for the record though, a traditional student taking their pre reqs at an online school is not looked at positively by adcoms.
I understand completely. I only did it because I had no time spaces for the labs at my school. I fully intend on only taking in-person labs after this.

Are you saying I should take Chem 2 online as well? Wouldn’t that compound the online prereq problem you mentioned?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the UC extension class for this summer or you already completed it?
I’m taking it currently so I could take Gen Chem 2 w/lab in the summer. However, my university tells me they won’t accept the course. We’re about 4 weeks in.

I’m taking it currently so I could take Gen Chem 2 w/lab in the summer. However, my university tells me they won’t accept the course. We’re about 4 weeks in.
Can you withdraw from the class still?

If your school won’t accept the credit, it probably wouldn’t satisfy the degree requirement either if you are majoring in a science.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you withdraw from the class still?

If your school won’t accept the credit, it probably wouldn’t satisfy the degree requirement either if you are majoring in a science.
It’s too late. I’m just going to accept the loss and take the course on campus, I hope to apply next year.