Chem/Phys: Averaging Section Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Koala98

Reaction score
Hello!

I have taken numerous full length practice exams from various third-parties sites (Princeton Review, BluePrint, etc), and my composite score suffers tremendously due to the low Chem/Phys section. The CARS and Psych sections are very high, and the Bio/Biochem sections are average. My maximum score has been a 509, and that is after 4.5 months of daily studying (i.e. content review, study guides, flashcards, private tutoring, etc).

My question is this: how can I maximize the overall composite score even though I have historically low Chem/Phys section scores? What is a new strategy that I can adopt to get over this hump? As it stands, this is the only section that is getting in the way of me achieving my ultimate MCAT score!

Thank you for your assistance in advanced!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do more problems and memorize your mistakes. If it’s concept problem, you know how to review those I’m sure. If it’s calculation problem, take your time reading the passage and identify the variables.

Reactions: 1 users
I would contend that rather just aiming to do more questions, you need to do better questions. The vast majority of your learning comes from working through the explanations and getting exposed to different ways to attack a question. This means that the most important aspect to what you do is the quality of the answer explanation. For C/P this is more so than anywhere else, so find questions that will help you grow.