1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Chem Prereq

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by greniedgal, Sep 3, 2002.

1. greniedgal

greniedgal Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey everyone...I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I have contacted a few schools who said Biochemistry would count as one of the 2 semesters of "inorganic chem" that are required. Does anyone know if this is common knowledge, ie that a Biochem course (in the chem dept) would fulfill one of the 2 semesters of inorganic chem? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, have a great day! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jmanwaring

jmanwaring VH Superfan
    7+ Year Member

I've read of a few schools that accept Biochem w/a lab in place of one semester of OCHEM, not inorganic. I'd have to look it up for sure, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    greniedgal

greniedgal Member
    7+ Year Member

Ochem hu? Interesting. Do you know where I can find such information? (Where I can find what classes fulfill what requirements?):confused:

Thanks.

4. efex101

efex101 attending
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah, by going to the individual medical school websites that you are applying to and looking under pre-reqs or something like that. Some will let you substitute but from my reading many do not.