DoctorSaab

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi,

Generally, what is covered on the DAT for both chemistries (general and organic)?

Both semesters of each?

For example, in Organic what do they test you on? Mechanisms like Sn2, Sn1, E2, E1? Do the mechanisms get any harder than that?

Oh yeh, do they provide you with a periodic table of elements? I saw some questions about electron configurations on one of the sample exams so I was wondering if they did.

Thanks.

JesseBrad3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey Dr. Saab,
Have you checked out the DAT forum? Its tailored more toward the DAT and everything that goes with it. As for your question, the DAT covers a range of material too long to be listed here. I suggest you check out a book on preparing for the DAT. I know Barron's has a good one that'll answer all your DAT-related questions, but there are many others out there also. I think the DAT forum has a thread devoted to study-aids and people's opinions on them. Best of luck to you!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.